Monday, January 12, 2009

Perhaps I spoke too soon....

Yeah, so, all that I typed on Saturday about us being over the worst of it - not so much! Our poor Buga-boo has just gone back and forth. He'll seem fine for a few hours and then he'll cough his sweet little head off for a few hours. It's just the saddest thing! Last night he gave us quite a scare. I gave him his breathing treatment around 10:00 and then Wade tried to feed him a bottle (he's just too tired to nurse right now). He wouldn't eat and started this horrible coughing fit that seemed like it lasted forever. I was starting to get nervous that his little body was tiring out. I could see the fear in Wade's eyes and that made me more scared. Wade said, "I really think that we need to take him to the E.R." I agreed and we rushed to wake Clayton up and pile into the car. After a few minutes in the car, Drew calmed down and his breathing went back to normal. I think that his treatment must have released a mucus plug and, once he coughed that up, he could breathe again.


We decided that since we were all awake and our adrenaline was still going, we should probably just go on to the hospital to make sure that Drew was okay. We were there until 3 a.m. They examined him and did a chest X-ray. The X-ray was clear, so they sent us home.

I called the pediatrician's office today, because the E.R. wanted us to follow up with them. The nurse was concerned (as am I) that Drew had lost 12 oz. between his appointment on Friday morning and his E.R. visit on Sunday night. He doesn't look dehydrated yet, but I am getting a little worried. He is only taking 1-3 oz. at a feeding and isn't having as many wet diapers as usual. Hopefully, things will pick up this afternoon. The nurse wanted us to come in to the office in the morning, just to make sure that he was on the road to recovery. Please continue to pray for our little guy. This virus is really kickin' his little heiney!

I, of course, insisted upon bathing Drew this morning to wash off all of the E.R. cooties. YUCK! He was not to happy about it!

Once he saw the camera, he started to grin a bit.
Then a full on smile. Ah... that makes this Mama feel so much better.

5 comments:

Gran said...

What a percious little soldier. I'm glad you took him on to the ER. I'll check tomorrow afternoon.

Hannah said...

Oh Sarah, I hate that ya'll are going through this. I HATE RSV!!!

Angie said...

Oh Sarah I am so sorry to hear all of that. Please let me know if I can do anything....Do you want me to keep Clayton any for you???? He is more than welcome to come and stay whenever you might need him too. Just let me know how I can help. We are praying for you guys and especially little Drew.

Matt and Sarah Pitts said...

We're praying for your buddy. We love you guys!!

Leigh Ann said...

I have to say that he looks more and more like Clayton everyday!!!! Hope things are better! Miss you:)