Monday, January 19, 2009

Double Whammy!

It's official.... I've birthed a thumb-sucker! Drew has found his thumb and he isn't about to give it up. I've tried every kind of pacifier known to man and he doesn't really care for any of them. :( A pacifier is so much easier to get rid of than a thumb! I spent the first six years of my life being a thumb-sucker and always swore that none of my kids would be. I guess this is my penance....


He just looks so darn cute doing it, though.
Of course, it won't be so cute when he is 6!



As if that wasn't enough, my sweet baby has figured out how to houdini himself out of my perfectly snug swaddling this week also. Nuts! I love me a tightly swaddled baby. I am going to purchase a Miracle Blanket tomorrow. I'm hoping that will buy me a few more months of a sweetly swaddled baby. :)

6 comments:

Brent and Abbey said...

what a cutie! How IN A WORLD can any baby get out of your swaddle??!!! I GIVE UP!

Matt and Sarah Pitts said...

He is so adorable!! Grace sucks on her hand and her lips, so funny! I'm afraid for her to find her thumb...she only does every now and then.

If the Miracle Blanket works, you should totally post a testimonial!

Megan said...

Okay I'm not a mom so maybe I have no right to comment, but the Miracle Blanket (aka straight jacket) just looks cruel. I mean can you imagine? I guess it works?

Also, Drew is so super cute sucking his thumb!

Gran said...

Thumb suckers grow up to amazing adults!

Hannah said...

Don't give up! Jenna is starting to take a paci again hERE AND THERE. I AM HOPING FOR THE BEST! BUT IT IS SOOOOO CUTE!

Albus Adventures said...

I read about the Miracle Blanket on another mommy friend of mine's blog and she swears by it!!