Sunday, January 25, 2009

Another Story from Clayton...

Clayton rarely tells me anything about school - he is such a boy. I'll quiz him on the way home from preschool on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons - "What did you learn? What did you do in Chapel? What did you do in Discovery? What did the other kids bring for Show and Tell?..." He usually says, "Mama, I'm too tired. I'll tell you about it after my rest." After his nap, he usually stalls or changes the subject. So... you can imagine my surprise on Thursday when he started spouting off the story that they talked about in chapel.

His teachers are so great! They work so hard to teach these kids not only letters, numbers, and other basic skills, but also to teach them about the Lord. I am glad, of course, that Clayton is learning to write his name, but I am much more proud of him for his enthusiasm about the Bible.

You'll notice that the little sass-a-frass corrects me towards the end. Apparently, leaving out the word "fiery" makes a BIG difference in the story! :)

I think there is a 2 minute limit on videos posted on Blogger, which Clayton exceeded. You didn't miss much though. He just says that the king decided to believe in Jesus. The End.

2 comments:

Gran said...

What a great story. That boy always amazes me. I know that all kids his age have minds like a sponge, but he his ahead of the curve on "sponginess" (Is that a word or did I just coin a new one?!)

Brent and Abbey said...

WOW!! I wonder if he remembers the ho-hum, bang up job story I made a mess of when we talked about Rapunzel!

I am going to get that boy to tell me a secret story about his Momma and Daddy soon! LOL!