Sunday, January 25, 2009

Drew is 3 Months Old!

Drew is 3 months old! I can't believe that 1/4 of my sweet baby's first year of life is over!!! :( (Yes, I did cry big tears when I realized that fact - I'm such a sap when it comes to my babies!)

This month has definitely had its ups and downs. The "ups" were tons of smiles, lots of giggles, and sweet snuggles. The "downs" were coughing, congestion, breathing treatments, and several trips to the pediatrician's office. Through it all, Drew was an absolute trooper!

Miscellaneous 3 month old stuff:
Weight: 16 pounds
Length: ??
Clothes: In between sizes - 3 month stuff is snug and 6 month is a little big
Diapers: Size 2
Eating/Sleeping Schedule: Still eating every 3 hours during the day (7am, 10, 1pm, 4, 7, 10) and sleeps for 7-8 hours at night.
"Firsts" for this month: First New Year's (January 1st), First Breathing Treatment :( (January 9th), First ER Visit (January 11th), Rolled from Front to Back (January 13th - did it 3 times in a row and hasn't done it again since.)
Other Developmental Stuff: Drew is batting at toys and grasping for objects. Dangle earrings and necklaces are fair game now. (I've learned that the hard way - ouch!) He tracks objects and watches us move around in the room. You can tell that his vision is improving daily. Drew loves his mobile and the mirror above his swing. He also loves his bouncer and his activity play mat. We tried his Bumbo, but his little neck isn't quite strong enough yet. He can hold his head up for a few seconds and then it falls backwards. Drew LOVES to be upright right now. He wants to sit up and see the world! I know that he is going to love the Bumbo whenever he gets a little more head control. For now, we just prop him up on his Boppy or in the corner of the couch.

Tipping the scales at 16 pounds. Whoa!
Drew is lovin' life in his Miracle Blanket! Yes, folks, it works great! No more of that pesky Moro reflex waking him up. And, as an added bonus, he can't get his thumb out to suck on it. :)
He's back to lovin' a binky.
The monthly picture with his monkey.
In his first pair of boots and jeans. Don't you love these Trumpette socks that look like cowboy boots? They are my favorite socks. Too cute...
Here's a video of our little guy "talking" to his Daddy.
Precious Drew,
What a joy it is to be your Mama!!! You spent about a week and a half of this past month trying to get over bronchiolitis. You would cough and cough - I knew that you had to be feeling miserable. But even through all of that, you were so content and hardly ever fussed. You are the best baby!!! I truly could not have asked for a more pleasant baby. What a blessing you are to our family!
My very favorite thing about you is that you smile A LOT. And when you smile, you smile with your entire face! It is the cutest thing ever! I hope that you always smile often and always with the same enthusiasm that you have now. When you smile, others can't help but to smile back. I pray that you never stop showing everyone your precious grin.
When I was pregnant with you, I worried about having enough love to give two children. I have to tell you that from the moment that I saw your precious face, my heart has swelled with love for you! I can hardly contain it sometimes. You, your Daddy, and your brother mean the world to me.
I love you Baby Boy,
Mommy

4 comments:

Gran said...

I can only imagine the paragraphs sweet Drew will soon tell us. His eyes and sweet smile speaks volumes.

Brent and Abbey said...

Luke has a monkey he poses with monthly too! Maybe they will debut next month ;)

Hannah said...

love, love, love the pictures! That miracle blanket is such a great idea...we're going to have to try it!

Tara said...

Ok, you're letter to Drew brough tears to my eyes.