Sunday, January 04, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho...

it's off to church we go!

Since Drew was born right at the beginning of cold & flu season, we have spent A LOT of time at home trying to protect our little one from getting sick. We have avoided (as much as possible) crowds and germs. We are slowly starting to branch out and get back into our normal routine.

Today that meant going back to church! We haven't been to church since the Sunday before Drew was born. And, boy, have we missed it! Clayton has missed Sunday school and choir as much as we have missed attending church. Today we decided to do a trial run just going to Sunday school. Our sweet teacher, Craig, had told us several times that we were welcome to bring Drew into class with us if we weren't ready to leave him in the nursery. So, that is what we did. We were sooo glad to see all of our church pals! I am still a little nervous about taking Drew to "big church." Maybe we will be brave enough by next week to try, though. We'll see...

Matching sweaters - Aren't they dashing?!?!

Drew couldn't wait to go to church for the first time!
Clayton was ready to get back into the swing of things, too.
Clayton asked me to take a picture of him in his Batman hat and gloves in the car.
Then he said, "Now take one of me showing my muscles."
When I showed him the picture (above) he said, "Man, I look strong!" What a nut!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

That Clayton is such a ham! Love that! I'm with you on the church thing. I just starting leaving Jenna in the nursery and I always scope it out first. We've had lots of RSV in the office the past week or two (not to freak you out, just be careful!!!)

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Dashing is the perfect word! Love those boys!