Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone!!! Doesn't 2009 sound like it is going to be a great year?!?! I don't have any big New Year's resolutions this year. Faith, family, and friends - that pretty much sums it up for me. I just want to seek the Lord's face, enjoy my husband and children, and grow closer to both new and old friends. That's really just where my heart is right now. :)


We had the privilege of ringing in the New Year with my college roommates and their husbands/boyfriends. During my last year at A&M, I lived with 4 of the sweetest girls I have ever met. We had SOOO much fun that year together!!! We have remained very close (in our hearts, even if not in location!) since that time. We try to get together in the summer for "Roommate Reunion" and around Christmas time for our annual fondue dinner. Katie and her parents started our fondue dinner tradition in 2000 (we think). They have hosted us in their home every year since then. This year, we realized that we were kinda taking advantage of our sweet hosts and should start pulling our own weight! So, this year, we had fondue at our house. It was a blast! Everyone helped out and it came out really well. We started with cheese fondue, then a yummy salad, then meat & veggie fondue, and finally dessert fondue. It was yum, yum, yum! It has been two days and I am still full! It was so fun to celebrate the new year with great food and even better company. I love you girls!

Dessert Fondue - My Fav!

My Honey & I shortly after midnight

The Girls - Katie, Laura, Traci, Halie, and I (We missed you, Cindy!)
The Boys - Alex, Wes, CJ, Steve, and Wade (We miss you too, Matt!) Our Two Cute Preggos - Laura is due on June 20th and Halie is due on April 30th

2 comments:

Chris and Amanda said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. To bad you guys favorite guy friend (me) couldn't be there :)

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

So sad we weren't there! Looks like so much fun!!!!!!!!! Happy New Year!