Friday, April 17, 2009

Sittin' Pretty

Drew figured out how to sit up by himself today! He was so proud of himself!

He can sit with his back straight for a few seconds. However, as you can tell by the look on his face, it kinda freaks him out and requires full concentration. He prefers the tripod sitting. :)

While Drew and I were working on his sitting skills, Clayton was drawing pictures. He brought me the following picture which he said was a drawing of me...
My thoughts:
1. What's up with my hair being spikey?
2. What are those squiggles in the chest area? Please don't tell me that this is an anatomically correct drawing.
3. What's that in my hand? A pickle? A cucumber?
His explanation:
1. "Your hair is in a pony tail. That's why you can only see the hair on top."
2. "That's your heart, Mama!" with the sweetest little look on his face. Whew - that's so much better than what I was thinking...
3. "That's your lightsaber, silly!" Oh, of course it is.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

First, I totally thought those were boobs! So funny! LOL!!! A heart, how sweet. We all know that you have the BIGGEST heart! And second, I totally knew that was a light saber. Duh!

Megan said...

Ah, so cute!!

Gran said...

What advanced children! Thay got the best genes from you and Wade. What a blessing!???

Angie said...

How precious..the sitting and the picture!!! I love the lightsaber in hand!!!

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

I am laughing SO HARD. Seriously. Drew's face is PRICELESS and that drawing could easily become an email forward (Have you seen the "pole dancer" that was really a Home Depot employee???)!