Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Half Birthday To Drew!

Today is Drew's half birthday!

Drew is 6 months old and is SO much fun! I know that I say this every month, but this really is my very favorite time in the first year of life. He is just full of personality and is such a joy to be around. He has changed so much this month!

* He weighed 18 lbs. 5.5 oz. at the doctor's office last week. I let you know the official length & weight next week at his 6 month check up.
* He wears size 3 diapers and size 9-12 month clothes. He is such a big boy!
* He eats rice cereal or single grain oatmeal twice a day. We haven't ventured beyond cereal yet, but hope to start some other baby foods this month.
* He takes two 2-2.5 hour naps and a 1-1.5 hour evening nap. He does best when he gets all of his naps in, but is still sweet when he misses a nap. What a blessing it is to have a flexible baby!
* We have started practicing with a sippy cup of water with his cereal. He looks so grown up holding his sippy.

* He & Clayton still LOVE each other. Clayton asks to hold Drew every morning for a few minutes while he watches Franklin. They are best buds!

* I still can't figure out exactly what color Drew's hair is going to be. It looks red in pictures, but light brown in real life. It looks very blond in the sun, though. It remains a mystery...

* He loves his hands and feet. They are his very favorite toys. :)

* He gives "kisses"! (Really, he just licks your faces or tries to latch on to your nose or chin. It's so funny!)

* This boy loves his cereal! I have learned that I can't put him in the high chair until I have his cereal ready. If I make him wait while I am mixing it up, he gets pretty impatient. He has definitely learned to associate his high chair with meal time.

* He has the biggest grin. I've yet to get my favorite type of smile on film, but I am working on it. He squishes up his face and smiles the biggest smile that you've ever seen. You can see both of his gums and it is too cute. This smile is pretty adorable, too, though.

* He loves his Johnny Jump Up and is starting to get a hang of the bouncing action. He will bounce and spin while I am showering or getting ready. It keeps him totally entertained.
Oh, Sweet Drew,
You have totally captivated our hearts over the last 6 months! You are a joy to parent and brighten every day. You are laid back and easy going, which I am eternally grateful for. I adore you more than you will ever know! You make your Mama so proud. Happy half birthday, baby boy!
I love you,
Mommy

5 comments:

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

I can't believe he is already having a half birthday!! Love that 1/2 shirt! HA. I have never really known what my (natural) hair color is either! It looks different in different lights like Drew's. It's very stressful when you don't know what box to check on "Haircolor!" :) I'm still holding out hope that he'll go all RED.

Hannah said...

He is way beyond cute! Love those baby kisses! Keep 'em comin'!!!

Albus Adventures said...

YAY Drew! Happy Half!

Mary's Pics said...

What cute boys!!!
Such sweet pictures.
Happy 1/2 year Drew.
;0)

Matt and Sarah Pitts said...

What a CUTIE!! He is (sorry Wade) a beautiful boy! No other word describes it...although I'm sad that he's 6 months today because that means Grace will be 6 months old in two days! Where has the time gone???

Love you!
Sarah P