Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Going Green & 6 Month Appointment

Drew's going GREEN.... eating green beans, that is. :)

Drew has been eating 4 tablespoons of oatmeal in the morning and 4 tablespoons of rice cereal at night. So, we decided to start trying other baby foods. Last night, we introduced green beans. Clayton HATED green beans as baby food, but loved them once he could eat the real thing (for some strange reason). However, Drew thought that green beans were great from the first bite. Well, maybe the second bite. :)

He made a funny face after the first bite, but was all smiles after that. I have a feeling that our big 'ole boy is not going to be a picky eater. Ha ha!



I took Drew to Dr. M. this morning for his 6 month checkup. He weighed 18lbs. 8.5oz. (60%), was 27 1/2 inches long (75%), and his head circumference was 17 inches (25%). Not too shabby, I'd say.
He also said that his ears were clear and everything else looked fine. His next well visit will be at 9 months. By then he'll be eating baby food at breakfast, lunch, and dinner and crawling - I can't even wrap my mind around that right now!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Yea for Drew!

Leah said...

Sweet Drew! Good job! Love, love, love the messy face pictures! Those are priceless! So many new things to come in the next 6 months!

Matt and Sarah Pitts said...

I have to admit when I saw the title of your blog post I was like, "What in the world? Is Sarah a hippie?!" Glad to hear the green has to do with beans, not reusable...everything.

Hope you're doing good! Drew is adorable!!

Sarah