Wednesday, April 08, 2009

D"egg"orating Fun!

D"egg"orating Fun... get it? What can I say - I get my dry sense of humor from my Dad. :)

I decided to decorate Easter eggs with Clayton today. Oh my, what was I thinking... I might need some sort of antianxiety medication before I attempt that again next year.

9 Colors of Permanent Dye + A CUH-razy 4 year old = A really nervous Mommy

Luckily, there is no permanent evidence of our dying experience on my countertop or floor or cabinets. Whew - that was a close one!

We had some good not-so-clean fun, that's for sure. The best part is that our morning 'o fun was super cheap. It was only the cost of 18 eggs and a $2.99 kit. Totally worth it.

This is the point at which I was thinking, "This was a really bad idea, but there's no turnin' back now. I'm glad that Wade isn't here to witness the fact that I forgot to put down newspaper. Ooops!"
I feel it necessary to explain why Clayton looks like such a ragamuffin. He had one of Wade's old tee shirts on backwards as a smock. There, I feel better now.
I totally copied this chick egg idea from Williams Sonoma.
When we were finished decorating the eggs, Clayton resorted to painting the egg carton. Whatever.
The finished products
Thus concludes the d"egg"orating fun! (Sorry, I had to squeeze that cheesy phrase in one last time. I won't be able to use it again for a whole year. HA!)

1 comments:

Gran said...

What talent!!