Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Recap

I LOVE Easter! I think it ties with Christmas as being my favorite holiday. I love that we are celebrating the resurrection of Christ the most, of course. What a beautiful picture of God's love for us. I can think of nothing more worthy of celebration.

I also love that Easter signifies the beginning of spring. What a beautiful time of year!

Our Easter celebrations started on Thursday with Clayton's egg hunt and Easter party at school. It was very cute to see all of the little ones so excited about their fun school day.

What was not so cute, however, was the little stunt that Clayton pulled during the party. The kids all got to decorate cupcakes with "grass" (shredded coconut that was dyed green) and "eggs" (Easter M&Ms). I was helping the teachers clean up when one of the moms tapped me on the shoulder and pointed in the direction of Drew's car seat carrier a few feet away. She said, "Um, one of the kids gave the baby a piece of coconut. Is that okay?" What?!?! I raced over there to find a little group of 4 children sitting around Drew's carrier. I only had to look in their direction to realize that Clayton was the culprit. I fished out the coconut and reminded Clayton for the umpteenth time that Drew can only have baby cereal and baby milk. That little stinker. It's a good thing that he's so darn cute...

Thursday evening we drove to Houston to visit my parents, sister, and brother-in-law. We hit traffic, which made for a long time in the car. Clayton & Drew did okay, though. My parents were thrilled to see the boys and couldn't believe how much Drew had changed since Christmas. They got each of the boys huge Easter baskets full of goodies. There were lots of "Awesome!"s from Clayton and coos from Drew. Thanks Mom & Dad!



On Saturday, my parents' neighborhood had an egg hunt. They had face painting, bounce houses, games, etc. as well. It was great fun!


We got home late on Saturday night - just in time for baths and bed. When Clayton woke up on Sunday morning, he was thrilled to find that the Eater bunny came and hooked him up with a fun basket. He brought a little something for Drew as well. ;)



We went to church on Sunday morning and it was a packed house! Everyone looked so nice in their Easter best. Drew wore a smocked bubble, knee socks, and white lace up dress shoes. I thought that he looked so precious and classic. I have gotten lots of grief, however, from my husband who is not a fan of his boy being in a smocked bubble. Apparently, he has corrupted his eldest son as well. Clayton said, "Drew looks like a girl!" immediately upon seeing his brother. Whatever. I thought that he looked darling!
Okay, maybe the bunny ears were a bit much. :)
Multiple attempts at trying to get a picture of them both smiling, and this was the best I could get.
Hope that you all had a great weekend celebrating the resurrection of our Lord!

2 comments:

Matt and Sarah Pitts said...

Smocked bubbles are the best, boy or girl! (Although my husband would probably side with Wade and Clayton...)

Sarah P

Hannah said...

You got a better pic of your 2 than I did! Oh, and Jacob gave Jenna a strawberry this week. Geesh! Crazy to think that not long from now our little ones will be eating those "big kid" foods! Ooops, sorry to remind you of that!