Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth

We just got back from Disneyland!!! Let me tell you what, they don't call it "the happiest place on earth" for nothin'! We had the best time!

We have been debating about taking Clayton on a Disney adventure for over a year. But... I was pregnant, then we had sweet Drew, then we debated about traveling with a newborn, and then it finally all came together. What made the whole trip possible was having 4 adults for our 2 kids. Grammie and Papaw were kind enough to go with us and we could never have pulled it off without them. They entertained Clayton on the plane, took turns watching Drew so that we could all ride the rides, and took Drew back to the hotel a couple of the days so that he could get some good naps. Thanks Marsha & Terry for all of your help!!!

I was really worried about how the boys would do. A 2 hour time change, 3 hour flight, being off schedule, cat naps for Drew, no naps for Clayton - it could have been a complete disaster. However, the boys did so good - so much better than I thought that they would. They slept on the plane, Drew was rarely fussy, Clayton only had a couple of minor meltdowns towards the end of the week, and they didn't wake up at the crack of dawn (they are pretty hardwired to wake up at 7am which would be 5am California time). I was so proud of how they both adjusted!

I don't know how they do it, but there is something in the Disney air that makes everyone into a kid again. I think that we adults had just as much fun as the kids. :) I loved getting to do things with Clayton & Drew that I remembered from my childhood. I had vivid memories of It's a Small World, the Dumbo ride, the Teacups, etc. Getting to share those things with my kids felt so nostalgic. I loved every minute of it!

Family Picture with Mickey & Minnie



Wade, Clayton, Pluto, and I at breakfast on Wednesday


A family picture in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle


Grammie & Papaw with their boys in front of the castle


We were all sad to leave...



We played so hard over the last week - it was a complete and total blast! It sure is nice to be at the second happiest place on earth (a.k.a. our house), though. :)

* This is the Cliff's Notes version of our week at Disneyland. The "mega post" is below with MANY more pictures and tons of details if you care to read more. ;) *

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I am SO JELOUS but so glad you had a great time! Those memories are priceless!

Holly said...

I found you through Leah's blog! What a fun trip! Tim wanted to call you guys for dinner Saturday night and I reminded him you were in CA. You all look so cute and I'm so glad it was a good trip!

Megan said...

Sarah, that black and white of Clayton and Drew is SO super cute. I hope you have it framed somewhere.