Saturday, March 28, 2009

So Long Soccer & Shower Power

Today was Clayton's last soccer game - the season is over. :( I'm sad to say that what started off as a promising soccer career, fizzled out as quickly as it started. In the words of Wade, "I'm not thinking that soccer is gonna pay the bills..."


Clayton started out the season LOVING soccer and having so much fun playing. By the 4th or 5th week, however, the enthusiasm had faded. I'm not sure what happened, but he just didn't enjoy it anymore. He doesn't want to play again next season. So... we'll be taking a little break from organized sports.

It was a fun while it lasted...

Somehow, preschool soccer becomes a full contact sport


One last break away play and goal scored!
He thought that it was pretty cool that he "won" a medal.
With Coach Jason and Coach Kelli
Maybe fall tee ball will be our next venture. :) I had so much fun watching him play - I'm sad that the games are over. But, alas, all good things must come to an end. Thanks to all of our family & friends that came out to watch our Little Kicker! He always played best with an audience. :)

After the soccer game, I helped host a shower for my dear friend, Halie. She and her hubby, Steve, are expecting their first baby, Miss Cambry Brooke, at the end of April. I am so excited for her!!!

The shower was lovely and Halie got sooo many cute, cute things! I loved getting a good dose of all things pink, frilly, and girly. I can't wait to meet that little bundle of sweetness!!!
Katie, Me, Emily, Halie, and Cindy
Roommate Picture - Halie, Me, Katie, & Cindy
~Laura & Traci - We missed you!!!~

Maybe Cambry will want to play soccer! If so, I have a lovely pair of barely worn, white cleats that she can have. HA!

1 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I am so sad that we missed the last game! I forgot that today was our last chance, and Makinley was at a slumber party! We are SOOOOOOO sorry that we didn't get to come but we have kept up with the stats on the blog. Tell Clayton that we love him!