Friday, March 13, 2009

My Baby is 4!!!

I can't believe that my firstborn baby boy is 4 years old! A wise friend recently told me, "When your kids are little, the days can seem so long, but the years just fly by." That is so true!

I remember the very moment that the nurse put Clayton in my arms for the first time. It is ingrained in my memory like it was just yesterday. I remember exactly how I felt, how he looked, what Wade looked like, the room we were in - every little detail is etched in my mind. Oh, the many memories that have been made since that day.... I wouldn't trade a minute of the last four years with my boy!

Here's a photo from each of Clayton's past birthdays:

His "Original" Birthday - just minutes old!
He was the most beautiful baby that I had ever seen, and I was in awe of the fact that he was really ours.
His First Birthday
Blue icing was EVERYWHERE (even inside his ear!).
His Second Birthday
He LOVED trains. That stinkin' cake took HOURS to make. I swore that I would never make a birthday cake again!
His Third Birthday
A whole year ago, back when the Little Einsteins were his fav...
His Fourth Birthday
The boy lives and breathes Star Wars!
I kissed Clayton last night and said, "this is the last time that I will ever kiss you as a 3 year old. I haven't ever been the Mommy to a 4 year old little boy!" Birthdays are bittersweet - on one hand it's sad to see that another year came and went, but it sure is fun to think about the year to come. Three was great, and four will probably be even better! Here's to another great year with our sweet boy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is such a super little man! So fun to look back on his 4 years. You are so blessed. It is so evident your boys, are the LIGHT of your life! I am glad to know your Clayton!

Albus Adventures said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our favorite 4 year old!!

Rainey Daye said...

Brack says Clayton is a boy after his own heart (cause of the love of all things Star Wars). I'm sure Brack's hoping that if our Baby Bean is a boy that he will follow in Brack's footsteps and love computers and Star Wars!!