Monday, March 09, 2009

Everything's Comin' Up Roses (and Tulips)!

Today my sweet pal, Abbey, and I made the trek to the Arboretum for Dallas Blooms with our 3 boys. It was quite a day! I think this is the first time that I have taken both boys on an all day adventure. Oh my, it was super fun and super exhausting all at the same time! There were a lot of logistics that we had to figure out, but we managed. Abbey helped me a lot with my two - I could never have tackled that kind of outing by myself!

We started by having the kids pictures made with a real bunny by the photographer there at the Arboretum. Clayton & Luke smiled, but Drew didn't. :( Then we took some pictures in the flowers, ate lunch, and fed the babies. By that time it was almost 2:00pm. Clayton had been talking all day about getting his face painted. I promised him that we would get in line as soon as we were finished feeding the babies. By the time that we got to the place where the lady was painting faces, she had packed up her things. (FYI - the face painting ends at 1:00.) I thought that Clayton would be really upset, but he handled it pretty well. What a trooper!

By the end of the day, Abbey & I were both beat! The kids all slept in the car on the way home and we laughed about what a crazy day it had been. Fun times!


The tulips are in bloom and they are BEAUTIFUL!

I didn't manage to get a good picture of the boys together. Stink!

Here's a good one of Drew.

Here's a good one of Clayton.


Sneakin' a kiss off of those chubby cheeks

This was the end of the day - hence the worn off makeup and crazy hair. :)

Sweet Luke was all smiles!

Best Buddies

Drew was fussy, so Clayton laid next to him on the blanket to make him smile.

What a good big brother!


Clayton spent much of the day searching for the perfect bug. He's all boy!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Ok, we have got to make that trip soon! SO PRETTY! I have noticed over the past few weeks that (get ready) Clayton is really looking like a BOY. He looks so grown up and mature. I don't think he could be any more handsome!

Gran said...

What beautiful pictures! You are making so many memories with Clayton and drew. What a wonderful mom...

Leigh Ann said...

What? No snakes this year?!?!?