Sunday, March 08, 2009

The Countdown 'til My Baby Turns 4!

We were sitting at Pei Wei on Friday night and I was sitting across from Clayton. I was watching my firstborn eat his lo mein with chopsticks and I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. This feeling came over me that time was passing me by faster than I could ever imagine. He looked so grown up! I was picturing my sweet boy as a grown man and it made me so sad...

Then he decided that the chopsticks worked better as make-shift lightsabers. That's when I snapped back into reality - he is definitely still a little boy!

----------------------------------------------------
Clayton is going to turn 4 on Friday! I can't believe that it has been 4 whole years since I held that sweet baby for the first time. You never truly understand the expression "time flies" until you have children!

We decided to have Clayton's party early due to the way that Spring Break falls. He wanted to have it at a bounce house place that we had gone to a few months ago. It was a fun place! I think that the kids all had fun (and most of the adults bounced, too!).

Crazy, lovable Doug pulled through with an adult sized Darth Vader costume! He works in advertising and it was on a mannequin at work. So, Doug brought it to the party for our little Star Wars fan! Clayton was shocked when "the real" Darth Vader came into the room. Darth brought him a birthday card as a peace offering. Clayton's face was so funny! He just didn't know what to think. :) We have asked him several times, "What was your favorite part of your party?" He always says, "When Darth Vader came!"

It was a fun party and Clayton got sooo many wonderful gifts! Thanks to everyone who spent their time and money to make our little guy feel special! We really appreciate you all.

The kids bounced and bounced and bounced some more. They were sweaty and tired by the time it was all said and done.
Clayton couldn't take his eyes off of Darth
Darth & the babies
Good thing that Luke & Drew weren't old enough to be scared!
Lovin' his blue lightsaber
All Clayton's buddies (and Darth, of course)
Posing with his Yoda cake
He loved his Leapster from Gran & Papa D!
Clayton put on all of his Spiderman swim stuff as soon as we walked in the door.
He is going to be too cool at the pool this summer!

There's still a whole week worth of celebrating - Clayton is the birthday Shining Star on Thursday and Friday is his real birthday. Fun, fun, fun...

3 comments:

Gran said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures. Clayton appeared to be having a ball. You and Wade are so good to go all out for his birthday. Evan when a Mom's baby is 20 something (!), she still remembers her baby girl in the NIICU. Happy Birthday. Clayton.

Hannah said...

Time does fly! I'm glad Clayton had such a fun party. I'm sure he will remember this one for a long time!

Ashley said...

Glad to see he loved his spidey gear!!