Monday, March 23, 2009

Drew is 5 Months Old!

It's that time again... another month has come and gone. Our boy is growing sooo fast and time seems to be flying by at record speed. Before you know it, we will be celebrating Drew's first birthday! Oh, let's not go there... my heart can't take it. :)

Drew is still such a good baby! He has dropped his 10pm feeding, so he is sleeping for about 11 hours at night. Hallelujah!!! He is also awake for longer periods during the day, which is super fun. He is getting more interested in his toys and studies the world around him. He is becoming more and more serious, but still smiles a lot. He does best on the days that we adhere to a schedule, but I am learning that a schedule is more and more difficult to stick to with. We are much more "on the go" than we were when Clayton was a baby. But... Drew seems to go with the flow and is rarely fussy (even when he misses a nap). He cries when he is hungry or really sleepy - that's about it. I am so grateful for another easy baby. (I'm sure that he will be a terror as a toddler, right? I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can!)

Monthly "Stuff" (you know, the stuff that no one but the grandmothers care about) :) :
Weight: I tried to weigh Drew on the baby scale today, but he kept trying to roll off. Apparently, he has already inherited my distaste for being weighed. HA! The best that I can tell, he was around 18 pounds.
Height: 26 1/2 inches
Clothes: 9-12 months (I put a 12 month romper on him over the weekend and could barely snap it at the crotch. This boy is loooooong!)
Diapers: Size 3s
Eating/Sleeping Schedule: As I mentioned before, we frequently break our routine. But... for the most part, Drew's schedule is something like this: He wakes up at 7:15am on the dot every morning (that never changes). Eats and then plays until 8:30am. Naps from 8:30-10:30. Eats and then plays from 10:30 to 12:30. Naps from 12:30 to 2:30. Eats and then plays until 4:30. Naps from 4:30 to 6:30. Eats and then plays until 8:00pm. Then sleeps from 8:00pm-7:15am. That's on a days when we are home all day. Otherwise, he takes his afternoon naps in his car seat while we are running errands. He is a pretty flexible little guy - I love that about him.
Developmental Milestones: No major monthly milestones this month. He still loves to be upright! His exersaucer is his favorite place to be - he will study the toys on there for long stretches of time. He still loves his Bumbo and plays with toys in there during awake times, also.
"Firsts": First time in the church nursery (for Mom to Mom on 2/27), First Sunday in the church nursery (3/1), First walk sitting up like a big boy in the stroller (without his car seat/carrier 3/8), First trip to the Arboretum (3/9)

Going for a Walk "Big Boy" Style

5 Month Monkey Picture

Drew decided that he would rather chew on the monkey than smile. :)

There's my happy boy...
Concentrating on making the animal sounds
Happy in his exersaucer

He hasn't quite gotten the hang of the Johnny Jump Up, but he still likes chillin' out in there.

Video from this morning - He loves smiling at his Mama, that is until his brother is in sight. :)

No one can make Drew laugh like Clayton can! (Clayton fake laughs and Drew thinks it is funny! Apparently, Clayton can only keep up the fake laugh for so long. HA!)

Sweet Drew,

You are changing so much every day! It is such a joy to watch you change and grow right before my very eyes. You have become much more interactive this month, and that makes life even more fun. You are so laid back and easy going - perfect for our family! God picked the perfect baby for us, and for that, I am eternally grateful. I am soaking up every minute of your infancy and LOVE each new day more than the one before.

Love you to pieces,

Mommy

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I LOVE that schedule! Those long naps are nuts! Wow! Jenna has never, ever napped that long! We get 3 45ish minute naps in. And those nights! WOW! I'm such a wimp! Jenna wimpers and I'm in there. Usually just one feed a night but it's never at the same time so I think it's just her waking, not so much her starving! I try to wait but I'm not so good at that. What a great baby. I love me some happy baby!

Matt and Sarah Pitts said...

What a precious buddy!! And awesome sleeper (and apparently awesome eater based on his growth stats)!! Grace is glad to be his friend. :)

By the way, I have no concept what "average" babies are like since I think things like, "Well, Grace and Drew are this size..." I forget that they are VERY "healthy"!

Sarah

Unknown said...

Both your boys are cutie pies! I jumped to your blog from Halie's blog. I will be at the shower this weekend. I can't wait to see yall and catch up! So fun! We have a blog that I am super bad at doing but it is thegravesgallery.blogspot.com
Talk to you soon.

Gran said...

Thank you for including each video. Clayton and Drew warm my heart. I love especially the picture of your three boys!