Friday, February 27, 2009

Another First...

I have been going to our church's Mom to Mom group on Thursdays this semester. It has been so neat! It is based on the scripture in Titus 2 about experienced mothers mentoring young mothers. I love my little group and our mentor moms. I have just been bringing Drew with me to the meeting. Our mentor moms have been so sweet to hold Drew and play with him so that I can listen. I really appreciate them! But... I decided that this week I would leave him in the church nursery for the first time.

I was a little anxious - I'm not gonna lie. I have never left Drew with anyone but Wade or Grammie. The ladies in the nursery were so sweet, though. They made me feel totally at ease with leaving him. They even filled out his first report card. :)

He took his bottle well for them (something I have been worried about). He didn't sleep for very long, but I knew that he probably wouldn't. When I picked him up, one of the ladies said that she held him the whole time that he was sleeping. She "just couldn't put him down." :) It made me feel good that they loved on him!

He came home and took two 3 hour marathon naps and slept great last night! I guess that his busy morning caught up with him.

The nursery was a great experience and I am now totally comfortable with leaving him on Sundays. So, we'll finally get to go to "big church." YAY!

2 comments:

Brad and Emily said...

I'm in a Mom to mom Bible study here and I'm also starting a group for our church! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Sarah! I am so pleased it went so well. We are blessed to have sweet and loving nursery workers. Can't wait to see you in "big church"! ha! You guys have a great weekend!