Sunday, February 08, 2009

Silly rabbit, soccer's for kids!

Yesterday Clayton had his second soccer game. Oh my word, I think that it was even funnier than the first game! Those kiddos were cracking me up - I don't remember the last time that I laughed so hard.

Those of you who know me, know that I don't have a competitive bone in my body. I never played a single sport, in fact, I always did my darndest to get out of P.E. I have never cared anything about sports. Until now, that is. I LOVE me some 3 year old soccer! It is 5 v. 5. There is no goalie. They don't keep score. The main goal is just to get the ball to the right end of the field in the correct goal. Now that is my kind of sport. As an added bonus, the kids look stinkin' cute in their uniforms and run off some of their energy.

Apparently, the mother standing to my left didn't feel the same way that I do about preschool soccer. This woman was serious! She literally had her face pressed against the net the entire game, screaming her little lungs out, and pacing. Yes, you heard me right, pacing. What in the world?!?! She was screaming things like, "Defense, T! Defense!" and "Get the ball, son!" I wanted to remind her that these kids are 3 and perhaps she was putting a bit too much pressure on her little guy, but I held my tongue. (It was difficult, but luckily the games are only 40 minutes.)

Anyway, a good time was had by all. :)

My sister came in town this weekend to love on our boys.
Clayton LOVED having her there to cheer him on at his game.

They got their jerseys this week, and the coach had sweatbands made for all of the kids. Doesn't he look so old???? (sniff, sniff)

The kids watching the game intently waiting for their turn
Clayton chose to be #0
A pep talk that I'm sure went a little something like this, "Okay team, which way is the goal? Good job! Break!"
My, is this boy ever dramatic? He even runs with his whole body. :)
Note to self, do not buy soccer shorts with pockets. They are a BIG distraction!
This was one of Clayton's goals. He scored 4 this week!!! He obviously did not get his athletic abilities from his Mama. That's for sure.
Running to give his Mommy & Daddy some high 5's after
a goal. He was so proud of himself! (I wish I had my big lens on the camera - this picture is too grainy to do the moment justice.) A mid-game shoe tying emergency.

3 comments:

The Scogin Family said...

Ok, Sarah, you have to keep up the soccer updates! I LOVE them!!! They make me laugh just reading them....sure wish I could be there to witness it! We're trying to figure out what to put Lily in soon. Maybe a sport, but maybe ballet!! :) We'll see. Can't wait! Enjoy those sweet times!

Hannah said...

Talk about the 80's, those sweat bands rock!

Gran said...

What a soccer star! You will be scouted by the pros soon. The Houston team has orange uniforms...