Monday, February 23, 2009

Drew is 4 months old!!

Drew is 4 months old today! I have to say that there is something so special about the 4-6 month time frame in a baby's first year of life. I absolutely love this phase! They are sleeping better, they start smiling and cooing non-stop, they aren't quite mobile (mobility adds a whole new set of mommy worries - choking hazards, falling, bumped noggins, etc.), you finally feel like you have them figured out... It's just such a fun time in their little lives! I plan on soaking in every minute of the next few months.

Our little man is developing such a personality! He is smiley and giggly - just a sweet little doll baby! He is happiest after he eats and right when he wakes up. Drew is also super ticklish (his ribs and his thighs are his favs). We also learned this month that he thinks sneezes (real or fake) are hysterical. Oh, it's the little things in life, right?

Monthly Stats:
Weight: His 4 month well check is tomorrow - I'll let you know about height & weight
Height: Ditto
Clothes: 6 month & 6-9 month (He is getting so long! His little toes are squished in the 6 month sleepers!)
Diapers: Size 3s!!!! (I know a 2 year-old that still wears size 3s! I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that our little bruiser will not be wearing size 3s by his 2nd birthday!)
Eating/Sleeping Schedule: Still eats every 3 hours during the day. He is pretty consistently awake for 1.5 hours then asleep for 1.5 hours. He takes 6 1.5 hour naps and then sleeps for a 7-8 hour stretch at night. I really should try dropping his 10pm feeding, but I am hanging on to it. It is the only time during the day that Wade & I are alone with Drew. It is fun to be one-on-one with our littlest baby.
Developmental Stuff: Drew coos non-stop! He makes the "oh" sound mostly. He gets louder when he is tired. When he starts squealing and fussing, that's my cue that he is ready for a nap. Drew has great head control and loves being upright. He loves his Bumbo, exersaucer, and Johnny Jump Up because they all let him be upright. He also loves to look at himself in the mirror and holds toys with both hands. He will reach for your face if you get close to him. He just smiles and rests his hand on your cheek. It's the sweetest thing... He also recognizes us and smiles as soon as we are in his sights. The second sweetest thing...
"Firsts": First Ear Infection (1/29), Rolled Back to Front (2/14)

My new favorite picture of my sweetie pie
His eyes make me melt!
Monthly Picture with the monkey (Check out those thighs! Too cute...)
You all know that I love me some baby feet!

This picture just makes me giggle.
Here's a little video of Drew talking. He has found his voice and he isn't afraid to use it! He must be following in his big brother's footsteps - another loud boy to add to the mix! Our house is anything but quiet. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Drew Baby,

What a great personality you have! You are such a laid back, easy going, super smiley baby! I must admit that in your first few weeks of life (when you were miserable with constant reflux), I never imagined that you would become such a doll! You are such a blessing!

I can't even remember what our family was like before you were here. You have changed us all for the better. Your brother adores you, your Daddy lights up when he sees you, and I cannot stop kissing your sweet little face. My prayer is that you will always know how much you are loved. You are a precious jewel, and I feel so lucky to be your Mommy.

Love,

Mommy

0 comments: