Sunday, February 08, 2009

Wade's Totally Rad Birthday Bash

Wade is (almost) 30!!!! Yep, my hubby will enter his 30's on Wednesday! I, of course, have 6 more looong, blissful months in my 20's. What can I say? I fell for an older man. he he he


We celebrated on Saturday night by inviting some friend over for an 80's themed birthday party. It was so fun! I had my doubts about everyone dressing the part, but our friends did not let us down! There were ghostbusters, Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air, bright colors, some lovely sequins, crimped hair, blue eyeshadow, the "preppy look", side ponytails, leg warmers, leggings, big hair, etc. It was hysterical! Everyone looked very 80's! Actually, I think that the 80's look must be coming back, because a lot of us found our outfits with the normal stuff at Target and Walmart. I even found Aquanet (which was labeled "unscented" but smelled just like the 80's) and a banana clip at Albertson's. I am praying that the 80's hair doesn't come back, though, because one night of that was murder on my locks.

Thanks to everyone who made my hubby's party totally rad!!!!

Clayton helped Wade blow the candles out.










7 comments:

Chris and Amanda said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, wish we could have been there!

Kim said...

Happy 30th Wade! You were 7 months old at our wedding. My how time flies! Love the pics! Sorry we missed the fun. Of course, the 80's was when I was pregnant so much, 81, 83, 85! But all in all I'd say it was a pretty great decade, although certainly NOT the 70's!

Love you
Papa Joe and Kimi

Anonymous said...

I'm completely jealous that I was invited to the party. Being 31 and older than Wade, I have an entire year's worth of 80's experiences that he doesn't have!

Happy Birthday Wade!

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

HILARIOUS!! Happy bday Wade!

Anonymous said...

I would first off like to thank my beautiful bride, Sarah, for throwing me a fantastic party. It is not easy trying to put together an event like this while caring for two kiddos. The party was perfect so thank you doll for taking the time to do this for me.
Thanks to all my crazy friends who dressed up and came. I hope you all had fun remembering our childhood days! I was honored each of you came!

-Wade

Angie said...

Yall threw a great party!! We had so much fun...also, that is the LAST time you will EVER see my hair that way....so count yourself lucky that you saw it again!!! (even though McKenna has asked every morning since then if we can crimp her hair!!) Happy Birthday again Wade!

Anonymous said...

We were soooo sad to have missed it! It looked like a wonderful time...I mean totaly, like, awesome, super fly, gig! Duuuude!