Monday, February 23, 2009

Not Me Monday!

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


Here's my Not Me! Monday for this week...


I did not oversleep last Thursday resulting in a mad dash to get Clayton to preschool. I did not then rush around the house to make sure that my children looked pristine, resulting in exactly 2 minutes to get myself ready. In that 2 minutes, I did not hurry to throw on a shirt, socks and shoes only to realize, as I was running out of my bedroom, that I totally forgot to put on my jeans. Nice. I'm sure that the no-pants look would have scored me some lovely looks in the halls of the preschool! Ahem, I mean if that had happened. Which it did not.

I did not get totally annoyed with my 3-year-old for taking too long to draw a card during a heated game of Candy Land. I did not tell him, "Quit being pokey or I'm not going to play with you." How childish would that be? I mean, who's the adult here???

I did not declare last Friday to be a pajama day for everyone (including myself). No way, not me! We get up and atem and dressed every morning, even if we aren't going to leave the house.

I did not then spent the entire day cooped up in the playroom wearing my tattered Texas A&M Maroon Out shirt from 1999. (Insert WHOOP here!) Hello - that shirt would be almost 10 years old, if I was wearing it. I do not still wear old tee shirts from my good 'ole college days. Nope, not me!

I did not answer the door and greet the UPS man looking a total fright in my 10 year old college tee shirt and grey sweatpants. I would never open the door looking so crazy!

I did not tear up as I put all of Drew's newborn and 0-3 month clothes in a Tupperware bin destined for the attic last night. I mean, he hasn't worn any of those clothes months, I should be over the sentiment of not having a "newborn" anymore, right? (sniff, sniff)

I did not eat a big 'ole bowl of Rocky Road Blue Bell while watching the Biggest Loser last week. That would totally defeat the whole point of the show! There is also the chance that if I was eating ice cream while watching the Biggest Loser, which I was not, that Jillian might come right through the television screen and slap me! I would never take that chance.

Happy Monday, my friends!

5 comments:

Gran said...

Thank you for my Monday morning belly laugh...

Anonymous said...

Girl...wow!!!!Where do you hide this sense of humor on a day to day basis...you should let it out! You have me cracking up, in tears...especially with the Jillian comment! It could happen!

I love being included in those real life...NOT ME...moments. How boring would life be without them!

Have a good week!

P.S I left a little gift for you on my blog...check it out...just for fun!

Doug and Kelli said...

You crack me up!!! Keep the "things your NOT doing" coming!!!

Hannah said...

I love MCK's blog, read it all the time! Love the ice cream bit. So funny!

Matt and Sarah Pitts said...

Why is it that it seems that Tuesday (Biggest Loser) is always pizza night?! Inevitably I'm chomping on my third piece during the weigh in! And then of course the ice cream during the elimination.