Monday, February 16, 2009

I totally get Van Gogh...

By the title of this post, I am sure that you are thinking that I have had some huge art-inspired epiphany while studying The Starry Night. Um, no, not so much... I wish that I could say that was true, but it simply is not. I don't understand Van Gogh from an artistic perspective so much as I now understand the whole cutting his ear off thing. Because, after three weeks of the ear infection that just won't leave, I am contemplating doing the exact same thing!

We had such a fun weekend planned, but I felt like I didn't really get to enjoy it like I wanted to. For starters, I can't hear anything in my right ear. I keep turning my head to "my good ear" and trying to read lips. I'm falling apart - perhaps I should back off on all of my ugly comments about Wade turning 30...

Anyway, my mother-in-law and father-in-law came in town to watch Clayton play soccer and to celebrate Wade's birthday. It was so nice to have them here - even if I felt like I was the worst hostess on the planet! They were so sweet to play with the boys and even let me take a nap on Friday afternoon as soon as they got here. And, let me tell you, I slept hard! It was bliss.

On Saturday we went to Clayton's soccer game. He had a blast showing off for his Grammy & Papaw, of course. He scored 3 goals and raced over to give high 5s to his cheering section after each one. What a ham! We also decided that co-ed sports are probably not the best option for our little flirt. He and this precious little brown-curly haired girl got into a tickle fest right in the middle of the second half. I was laughing and snapping pictures, but Wade didn't think it was so funny. He kept muttering something about "getting his head in the game." Whatever. He's 3!!!!

On Saturday night, my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and nieces came over for dinner. They brought the most delicious steaks. YUM-O! (Thanks, C & LA!) It was so fun to spend time all together. Wade really appreciated getting to see his family and continue the celebrations of his BIG birthday. :)

Running to give high 5's after a goal
(My biggest fear is that he is going to bite his little tongue off while he is running!)
The infamous tickle fest with #8
Yay Clayton!!!
Still trying to figure out the whole congratulatory line up after the game
Grammy & Papaw with their boys
A yummy valentines treat after the game
And, just because I can't resist, a few pictures of my other little heartbreaker...



3 comments:

Gran said...

I hope you feel better :-(
I love seeing updates on the boys. Keep them coming. Thank you our card and the new pictures.

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Those boys are so cute. LOOOve the pics! Sorry you are still feeling bad. Any news on the tubes???

Megan said...

Love your blog!