Friday, February 20, 2009

A Carpenter Friday Night

It's Friday night at 11:28pm. All of the "cool kids" are out on the town partying the night away.

Not so at the Carpenter household.

Wade & I are sitting in a blissfully quiet house, putting quotation marks around "cool kids" (which, in and of itself makes us completely uncool!), watching a precious babe slumber peacefully on the video monitor, and challenging each other to a geography bowl using THIS site.

I know, I know... we are so lame!

You should go HERE and try it yourself. I mean, er, if you don't have anything else to do on a Friday night. :)

How'd you do?

My geographical genius of a husband only missed 3 states (incidentally, his first two states were South Dakota & Colorado - virtually impossible without a bordering state filled in) and was only off by an average of 9 miles. As for me... well, let's just say that Geography was never my strong suit.

Happy Weekend, y'all!

4 comments:

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Ok so let's just say I teach geography for a living! HA. I was off an average of 9 miles, but only got a 92% because of the same problem Wade had -- no bordering states! Love that game. I think i'm going to use it at school! Awesome.

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

P.S. You should also try: www.sheppardsoftware.com Go to the states and capitals game! This is the one I already use at school.

Anonymous said...

OK Thia,
The new goal is 96%, 4 miles, and 215 seconds. I can get it down to 185 seconds but can't get the accuracy higher than 92% at that speed.
Wade

Albus Adventures said...

Is this what I can expect my life to be like once I hit the big 30?