Thursday, February 12, 2009

Little Casanova & Drew's New Form of Entertainment

Today was Clayton's Valentine's party at school. And, oh my gracious - it was hysterical!

First of all, they are all just so darn cute! A room full of 3 year olds = instant entertainment (unless, of course, you are their teachers and you are responsible for disciplining them). I, however, was there for entertainment purposes only. :)

Two of the moms came up to me at different points during the party. Apparently, both of their little girls come home claiming that they "are going to marry Clayton." What?!?! Guess our little Casanova might be following in his Daddy's footsteps. Carpenters have a genetic predisposition to finding their mates early in life. Wade & I met in the 4th grade and we were the "late bloomers." Wade's mom & dad met before elementary school as did his sister & brother-in-law. Let's hope that we can hold off young love for a couple of more years!

A few days ago, Clayton and I were talking about Valentine's Day. He asked me why we celebrate Valentines. I told him that it was a day to tell everyone how much you love them and to give lots of kisses and hugs. Well... I guess that he took that to heart. He kissed and hugged each of his classmates (yes, even the boys) before he left school. His teacher said, "I think that Clayton is the most loving child that I have ever seen!" I would have to agree - I think it's one of his best qualities.

When we got home Clayton said, "Te Amo Mucho!" I was shocked. I guess that was their Spanish lesson for the day. :)

They made Big Red floats! Another one of the many things that they do at preschool that I would NEVER attempt at home. God bless 'em!
They made Valentines gifts for the parents. I thought they turned out so cute! All of the boys had on top hats and bow ties in their pictures and the girls had on a boa and fancy jewelry. They have their handprint and a bible verse on the back.

On to my second born....
We busted out the exersaucer this week for Drew. He LOVES it!
"My parents have totally been holdin' out on me!"
"Where has this thing been all my life?!?!"

Yes, Clayton has already asked if he can get in the exersaucer. I'm sure that he will maneuver his little hiney in there and get stuck. And, you better believe that I will get pictures....

2 comments:

Gran said...

How fun... Clayton's and Drew's exciting days are so great to a grandmother's heart. Thanks for sharing ; - )

Leigh Ann said...

Can't wait to see you all tomorrow!