Monday, December 15, 2008

"Not me!" Monday - 2nd installment

As soon as I posted "Not me!" Monday a few weeks ago, I was instantly wishing that I hadn't hit "Publish Post." I was worried about what people would think of me. Well, you know what... Newsflash: I'm NOT perfect in any way, shape, or form. Sure I write flowery things about my precious kids and post their cute little faces on a frequent basis, but I make many mistakes and do silly things constantly. At the risk of embarrassing myself to the entire blogosphere, I am going to put my pride aside and be real and honest. Here goes...

1. I did not watch my husband blissfully snoring away at 3:30am as I sat in our bed and nursed our newborn. I most certainly did not stick out my tongue at him and mumble under my breath about how nice it must be to get 8 hours of sleep. I did not debate about whether I should wake him just to point out that I was up (again!) feeding our child. That would be childish and selfish. I, of course, am not either of those things.

2. I did not just throw away shredded cheese that I found in the drawer of our refrigerator that expired on October 25th. That was almost 2 months ago for Pete's sake! Eww! That would mean that I hadn't cleaned out the cheese drawer in my fridge since Drew was born. That, of course, is not true. It's a good thing that did not happen in my house!

3. I did not spend my entire day feeding children, diapering a baby, burping a baby, playing with two children, doing two load of laundry, putting away a load of dishes, making some delicious tortilla soup, and playing countless games of Memory, Candyland, and Go Fish. I did not do all of the above activities only to realize tonight (at 5pm) that I did not shower, brush my hair, change out of my pajamas, change either of my children out of their pajamas, or put on deodorant today. That would mean that I have my unwashed hair in a ponytail, am wearing sweatpants and a old tee shirt, have on no makeup, and smell less than desirable. That, of course, is not the case. We "dress for dinner" at our house and I never go a day without makeup (much less deodorant!).

4. I did not feel a tugging on the back of my shirt yesterday only to turn around and realize that a certain 3 year-old was using the back of my shirt to wipe his snotty nose on. YUCK! That's gross! What kind of ill mannered child would do such a thing?!?!?! Definitely not mine. I've taught him better than that.


5. My husband did not make the following comments the other day: "I'm glad that you blog. It shows me a whole different side of you. You're funny." That would mean that my husband does not think that I am funny on a daily basis. Hmmm... glad he didn't say that.


6. My child did not see the following bottle of medication on the counter today:

and say, "Mommy, is this medicine for mommies who have a headache from their babies crying?" That would mean that I had said, at some point, that Drew's crying was giving me a headache. I did not, of course, say such a thing. Every peep that comes out of that sweet baby's mouth is music to my ears.

There you have it, friends. I am going to trust that you all are laughing with me and not at me. Okay, okay, so you are laughing at me - I'm laughing at me, too. :)

6 comments:

Chris and Amanda said...

I love the comment the Clayton made about the vitamins. Hilarious! Okay so I am not a mom but I can assure you I will be the one waking my husband up to remind him that I am awake and he is asleep!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! You should do this every Monday....I LOVE the one about it being 5pm and you realizing you hadn't showered. I can see how little things like that might take a backseat!

The Scogin Family said...

Well, Sarah, I might as well copy and paste that right onto MY blog because I can relate to every one of those points!:) AND, I've decided sometimes it's OKAY to be selfish and childish and wake your sweet sleeping husband up to remind him of all the work you do in the middle of the night! ;)

Anonymous said...

I can see Grammie Camp around the corner.

Love Grammie

Anonymous said...

For real girl! I can sooooo identify with so many of those! You are too funny. I too, love this side of you. I am giggling and blogging all at the same time.

Thanks for the laughs and warm honesty! Who knew motherhood would make us into comedians...

Megan said...

SARAH, I LOVE THIS POST. It totally cracks me up. I laughed out loud at some of them.