Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Clayton's Christmas Program

Tuesday was Clayton's Christmas program at preschool, and what a memorable program it was! His teachers told us several weeks ago that their class would be performing "We Three Kings." I thought that was pretty ambitious considering that I don't even know all of the words to that Christmas carol. Singing things like "traverse afar" and "moor and mountain" seemed a little advanced for 3 year olds! Nevertheless, we practiced at home and Clayton boasted that he "could sing it even without the music!" I was certain that he would ham it up and sing the loudest of all the kiddos.

On Monday I started stressing out that Drew was going to start crying during Clayton's song and I might have to leave the sanctuary and miss the whole performance. In a panic, I called Cousin Kelli to see if she could go with me. Luckily, she was able to meet me there. (Thanks again, Kelli! I owe you big time!) Clayton was so excited that "his Kelli" was going to be there. (His teacher's name is Kelli also.)

Luckily, Drew was an angel and didn't make a peep throughout the whole program. Clayton, however, chose not to make a peep as well! He hid behind the girls in front of him and didn't sing a single word of the song. What a toot! Since when is my little extrovert shy?!?!? Oh well, such is life!

Clayton was thrilled when he spotted Kelli & I. Everything looked so promising...

And then the stage fright set in. Clayton did peek out from behind the girls for just a second here and there. (He is in the middle of the back row.)


Peeking from the side

Clayton with "his Kelli." His friend Kimi was making bunny ears on Kelli.

Clayton with his teacher, Kelli. He LOVES Ms. Kelli! She is an awesome teacher, I have to say.


Hopefully, the spring program will go a little better!

0 comments: