Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Drew is 2 months Old!

Drew is 2 months old!!! I can hardly believe that our baby boy has been on this earth for 2 whole months! It seems like he was just born, but it feels like he has been a part of our family forever as well. He is a content little baby - such a pleasure to be around. This month he has started giving us big huge social smiles, which melt our hearts every single time! We have reverted to high pitched baby talk - anything to see that big ole' grin. :)

Developmentally, Drew is tracking objects, turning to sounds, gaining some good head control, recognizing our faces, cooing and giggling (also absolutely precious!).

Clayton and I took Drew to his well child appointment today. Guess how much that the little stinker weighs???



No really, guess....



Nope, higher....




Nope, higher still.....




I bet that you're still guessing too low.....




He weighs 14 lbs. and 2 oz. CRAZY! He is 23 1/2 inches long, also. Which means that he is slightly bigger than Clayton was at his 4 month appointment! (According to his baby book, Clayton was 14 lbs. even and 23 inches at his 4 month well child check!) I can't get over the big size difference in my two sweet babies!

Other Info:
Weight: 14 lbs. 2 oz. (95%)
Length: 23 1/2 inches (75%)
Clothes Size: Still squeezing into some 0-3 month, but mostly 3 month or 3-6 month
Diaper Size: Size 2
Eating/Sleeping Schedule: He nurses every 3 hours during the day (7am, 1o, 1pm, 4, 7, 10) and naps for 1.5-2 hours after each feeding. He sleeps fairly consistently for a 6-7 hour stretch (11pm-5 or 6am) at night (I know, I know, why am I complaining about the lack of sleep? It could be so much worse!).
Fun Firsts: First Thanksgiving (November 23rd), First Party (B35 Christmas Party on December 5th), First Train Ride (December 7th), First Meeting of Santa (December 7th), First Giggle (December 17th), First Christmas Present (December 20th)

At Drew's appointment this morning, he got two shots. :( He was not too happy about that! (Please note the bandaids on each of his chubby thighs. Poor little thing!)

He got some Tylenol and took a LONG nap...


He woke up a MUCH happier boy!


The monthly picture with his monkey


Here's a short video of that precious smile! (Please excuse those high-pitched speaking, doting, annoying parents in the background. I have no earthly idea who they are! :) )



Happy 2 month Birthday, Baby Boy!

Will you ever know how insanely in love with you that Daddy & I are??? You are such a sweet baby and we are so blessed to be your parents. I feel absolutely giddy inside when you look at me and flash a big gummy grin. Your whole face just lights up - it is sooo precious! My very favorite time of the day with you is your early morning feeding (at 5 or 6am). It feels like the whole world is still asleep - like you and I are the only ones awake. It is peaceful and quiet. I talk to you and try to sneak a peek at a few smiles before I lay you back down to sleep. It is the only time that I am alone with you and I treasure every second of that one-on-one time. It is such a joy to be your Mommy!

I Love You!

~Mommy

2 comments:

Hannah said...

HOLY TOLEDO! What a chunk! Oh, and he looks SO MUCH LIKE YOU in that video : )

Angie said...

What a precious boy! You are so good at documenting everything! That is so sweet and special too! Your boys are going to appreciate it so much! Merry Christmas!