Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Its Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...

I LOVE Christmas!!! I know, I know everyone loves Christmas. But, I really love Christmas! I love it even more now that we have kiddos to enjoy the season with. I especially love decorating for Christmas. The lights, the sparkles, the glitter - it is all so much fun!

My hubby, however, doesn't usually share in my excitement for decorating. In fact, I usually call him (affectionately, of course) "The Grinch" around this time of year. :) This year, he has surprised me, though. He was itching to put up the decorations weeks ago. He even indulged me in my request for two Christmas trees this year! And... the cherry on top - he made the most beautiful wreath. I was so impressed! I told him that I wanted a big (36" diameter) wreath to go above our staircase. After pricing the already assembled wreaths at Hobby Lobby, he said, "I could do that for a fraction of the cost!" So, he did.

This will be Drew's first Christmas and our first Christmas in this house. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is going to be a great one!!!

It is chilly outside (finally!), so we celebrated with beef stew, our first fire, and s'mores. YUM-O!

Our "fancy" Christmas tree in the family room

Our traditional tree in the formal living room

I have always wanted a banister to decorate with garland and big red bows!

The view from the stairs

The wreath that Wade made (I did the bow, though) :)

The dining room table

Wade got me this beautiful nativity set for Christmas last year. What a wonderful reminder of the real reason for the season. It has spurred on several conversations and teaching points for Clayton. His class is singing "We Three Kings" for his Christmas program next week at school. He had an "Ah-ha moment" when he realized that the three kings from our nativity were the same ones that he was singing about! :)

The first time that we have hung FOUR stockings!

"Batman" and Rudolph watching Rudolph on TV

Drew celebrated with a sink bath. He is beginning to like bath time more and more. It's the naked coldness afterwards that he isn't too fond of!

4 comments:

Angie said...

I love it!! Your house looks beautiful!!! I am looking forward to seeing it in person! What a special Christmas this is for yall!! I am so jealous too b/c right now all we have is moving boxes for decoations :( McKenna does have her pink tree up that Holly gave her and that is all that is in her room right now!!! (maybe I will take a picture of it and blog on it while the painters are here since I can't really unpack yet......)

TexasBrimms said...

Hi Sarah- Marsha shared you blogsite with me. I have enjoyed seeing pictures of your sweet family and your CHristmas decorating. We haven't even put a tree up yet! Keep on posting...
judy brimm

Kim said...

The house looks so pretty all decorated for the holidays! I am really missing all of that right now and can't wait to get back home to get ready for Christmas with the family. One more week!

Love to all, see you soon.

Kimi

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah...it looks like a Christmas wonderland!!!!! What a wonderful job decorating you have done. We are looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow at the B35 Christmas party!
Leah

P.S I may have to steal your idea and put some pics up of our tree this year on our blog. We just finished putting it up today, yippee!