Saturday, December 06, 2008

Conversations with Clayton

The main reason that I blog is for my kids. I want for them to have something to look at to remember their childhood. I love to scrapbook, but it takes so much time. I can't ever get caught up. It is so much easier and faster to upload pictures and journal on this blog. My plan is to make Clayton & Drew each a book at the end of each year using THIS website. I try to post funny things that Clayton says every once in a while, so that I won't forget them. Here are some of our recent conversations...

While sitting on the couch and looking at the Christmas tree:
Me: I love you, Baby.
Clayton: I'm not a baby, I'm a big boy.
M: Yes, but no matter how big you are you'll always be my baby.
C: Even when I'm a Daddy?
M: Yep, even when you're a Daddy.
(long pause, while Clayton was staring at the Christmas tree)
C: Would you love me even if I was an ornament?
M: Yep, even if you were an ornament.

A tender moment that turned into laughter - the story of my life!
_________________________________________________

Clayton: Mommy, when will I go to heaven?
Me: You'll go to heaven when you are a very old man and your heart stops beating.
C: When I go to heaven, will I ever come back home?
M: You'll have a new house in heaven that God built for you. It will be the most beautiful house that you can imagine. In fact, He is already working on it. He is making it perfect just for you.
C: Will you live in that house with me?
M: Well, God is building me a house in heaven also.
C: Do you think that God will make your house next to mine?
M: I bet that he will.
C: We should pray about it. (Bowing his head and closing his eyes.) Dear Jesus, please make Mommy's house next to mine. Amen.

I had to go get a kleenex after that one. :)

__________________________________________________

I heard this conversation going on in the back seat while on the way home from the church last night:
Clayton (talking in his best baby talk to Drew): Hi, brother! I missed you so much tonight, sweet guy! Awww... I can't hug you right now 'cause we are buckled in. I love you, brother!

I hope that my boys grow up to be the best of friends. I think they are off to a good start. :)

2 comments:

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

So precious! Don't you just wonder what's going through Drew's head too? :)

Anonymous said...

There is nothing more precious than those moments...what a gift that you are documenting and keeping them, so you will never forget them! Your boys will be best of friends, for sure! Brothers just can't help but be buddies. It was a joy to see you guys on Friday. Drew is so sweet! Thanks for letting me steal a good hold!