Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"He Looks Just Like..."

Isn't it funny that when people see your brand new baby for the first time, the first words out of their mouths are usually, "He looks just like ____!" It always cracks me up to see if people think that our kids look more like me or Wade. The vast majority of people say that they both look just like Wade. I would tend to agree - they are just as handsome as their stud of a father! :)

Lots of people have said that Drew resembles Clayton, though. I just don't see it! I think they look completely different. They are WAY different as far as size is concerned. Their eyes are very different, too. Clayton had tons of dark hair and Drew has sparse light brown hair. I just think they are polar opposites.

Just for fun, let's play a little game.... Who looks like Drew? You can leave a comment or vote anonymously in the poll in the right margin. Here are some pictures to help you make a decision. Have fun - no pressure here. This is not a standardized test that determines your future grade in a class, admission to the college of your choice, or what you are destined to be when you grow up. Just a fun way to waste time at work spend a few minutes of your day. :)


Wade at 2 months

Me at 3 months
Clayton at 2 months
Drew at 7 weeks
Clayton at 2 months in the very first 0-3 month outfit that I put him in. He wore newborn sized clothes and diapers for the first 2 months of his life. He was so small!

Here's Drew at 7 weeks in the same outfit - filling it out much better! He is also in the same exact chair (for size comparison's sake). He, for the record, has mere days left before his 0-3 month outfits are too small and is already wearing size 2 diapers. Hooray for a big baby with chubby thighs! Love it!

*** UPDATE: After a week of voting, the results are in. It appears that the majority of you folks agree that Drew looks most like Wade. The final results were as follows: Wade 47%, Me 33%, Clayton 14%, "He's his own person" 4%. Thanks for playing!

5 comments:

Chris and Amanda said...

My vote (based on the pics in this post alone) is that Clayton looks more like your baby pics and Drew looks more like Wade's baby pic.

I cannot believe how much they vary in size! Clayton was so skinny :)

-Amanda

Matt and Sarah Pitts said...

I think he looks like Wade. Hooray for 7 week olds who wear size 2 diapers and have chunky thighs!

Anonymous said...

What a great post...so fun to see pics of the whole fam! I all along have been saying little Drew looks like Wade and Clayton, but for the first time I seem him in you Sarah in your baby picture. So cute!

I cannot believe the size difference in those 2 little fellows. Just goes to show you, no two of us are just a like, even siblings! Praise God for the variety, right!

Hope you all are doing well!

Brent and Abbey said...

Are you serious???!! Stick a baseball in front of Drew and he is a spitting image of WADE! What a great post! I love seeing their parent's at 2 months! The comparison pictures of Clayton and Drew crack me up!

Hannah said...

I'm so with you. People say Jenna looks just like Jacob did but with more hair. Huh? I don't get it. But I still think Drew looks like you (and nothing like Clayton)!!!