Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Circle of Life

After our fun-filled morning at the pumpkin patch, Wade and I had tickets to see the Lion King. We had season tickets to the Dallas Summer Musicals, and this was the last one for the year. We had a conflict on the night of our original tickets, so Wade went to the box office to exchange them for a different night. My smooth-talking hubby somehow managed to get front row tickets out of the whole thing. So... we got to sit front and center. It was absolutely beautiful! The music and dancing were great, but the best part of the musical was the costumes. The way that those people make the animals move is just amazing. I loved every minute of it and can't wait until Clayton is old enough for us to take him.

Speaking of Clayton, he had a date of his own with his new babysitter, Katelyn. We have known Katelyn's family for years, and I actually used to babysit for her and her brother, Gavin. I started babysitting for Gavin when I was 13 and he was 1 (he is now 16, and I am ,well... you can do the math). I fell in love with that sweet little boy and was positively thrilled when Katelyn was born. I truly loved those kids and spent a lot of time in Jr. High and High School at their house. Their mom, Aimee, is this really sweet, Christian woman that is a mix between Bree from Desperate Housewives and Martha Stewart. She is incredibly artistic and creative. Everything that she does just comes out perfectly. She is definitely one of my "great mommy" role models. Well... to make a long story short, they moved after Wade & I got married. We lost touch for about 6 years and just recently reconnected. Now that we moved, they live about 5 miles away. So... the sweet little girl that I adored babysitting for is now babysitting my little boy. Talk about the circle of life!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's crazy! I remember you baby-sitting for them when we were in high school!

Brad and Emily said...

I remember them, too! Crazy! I feel old!

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

How sweet! Funny how the world works. She's got the prettiest hair.