Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Baby Seth

My newest nephew was born on September 18th!  My sister and her hubby chose to start their family three years ago through the miracle of adoption.  Angel and Jonathan have been such a blessing to our family!  They have taught us all so much, and it has been such a joy to watch them change and grow.  My sister and Jeff have worked hard for three years to make them feel secure and loved in their forever family.  When they felt that the boys were ready for a sibling, they decided to try to have a biological baby.  We are so excited to have Seth Ryan Albus join our family this fall!

I was chomping at the bit to meet my new nephew, but I was trying hard to give them a little bit of time to adjust to their new family of 5.  By October 4th, I could wait no longer.  We loaded up and headed South to meet Mr. Seth.  :)

Clayton got the first hold - lucky!  He was smitten with his new cousin.  I had to literally pry the little pumpkin out of his hands to get my own turn.  ;)




I got a few quick snuggles before my Drew was begging for a turn.  Geesh - I guess that they inherited my love for babies.  ;)


Owen wanted to hold him too, and my brave Sister was sweet to let him have a turn.  He was so proud!




I got to swaddle him in the Miracle Blanket that my babies slept so soundly in.  It made me so happy to wrap up that little baby burrito.  :)
Uncle Wade finally got his turn.  When I look at this picture, it reminds me of a picture that I took 12 years ago when we met our first niece, Makinley, shortly after she was born.  In that picture, Wade looks sooo uncomfortable.  He was terrified that he was going to "break her," and his forced smile totally gives him away.  Now he is an old pro and held Baby Seth without a care in the world.  It's amazing what 12 years and three kids of your own will do for a guy.  Ha!

Welcome to the world, sweet Baby Seth!  We are so glad that you are here safe & sound!  We love you to pieces, precious Babe.

3 comments:

Albus Adventures said...

Thanks for your ode to our sweet littlest man! We miss you, but are so grateful for your visit at just the perfect time! Oh and the baby 101 lessons were just what we needed!

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Sweet boy!! I'm so glad y'all got to meet him and the whole crew got a chance to hold him (even though you had to share). Congrats, Becca!!

Holly said...

Baby Seth is just perfect! What a wonderful addition to your family!

Little Owen looks awfully cute with a little one in his lap. You know ... there's still time ... :)