Monday, December 13, 2010

Drew's First Dentist Appointment

Last Friday (12/10) was Drew's first visit to the dentist. Back in June, I took Clayton for his regular 6 month visit. When I was scheduling his December appointment, I asked the receptionist about when I should start bringing Drew. She said that they suggest parents start bringing their children at age 2. I know for a fact that Clayton was 3 by the time that we took him for his first appointment. But... I figured that since I would already be there with Clayton, I may as well have them see Drew as well. It's never too early for good dental hygiene, right? ;)

Drew's appointment was just a "happy visit." Clayton had gone first, and the whole time that they were working on Clayton, Drew was asking, "My turn? My turn?" Ha! He was ready for his turn in the big boy chair. :) Dr. C. offered to let him sit in my lap in the parent chair, but Drew was all about sitting in the regular chair. He climbed right up there and cooperated like he was a seasoned pro. The dentist counted his teeth, brushed his teeth, and then asked me a bunch of questions (pacifier, thumb sucking, milk before bed, etc.). He said that everything looked "perfect." That's always nice to hear coming from a medical professional. :)





Another milestone checked off of the list! My baby is getting so big...

1 comments:

Gran said...

Good job, Drew. You are a winner of Toothbushing 101.