Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Round 3 & 4

Christmases #3 & 4 were spent with the great grandparents. It thrills me to no end that my children have 3 great grandparents that are all in excellent health!!! I know that Clayton especially will remember the special times that he gets to spend with them for the rest of his life. What a blessing!

Unfortunately, I have absolutely zero photographic documentation of our Christmas on the 23rd with Grandmother & Granddaddy. :( Shame on me! Drew was starting to get sick and I was just so nervous about his coughing and runny nose. I was so busy worrying about him, that I didn't even take one picture. I could just kick myself for that! Despite Drew's impending illness, we had a ball. Wade's Grandmother & Granddad always go way over board with gifts for all of us. They promise every year that they are going to "cut back," and then they bless us all with way too much. The boys got some darling clothes, which I was extremely grateful for, and lots of fun toys and stocking stuffers. There are 5 great grandchildren on that side and they played well together while all of the adults talked and ate. It was a great evening! Drew danced and played and acted like his usual sweet self, but his nose was running like a faucet and he was coughing up a storm. So... we came home for a breathing treatment and some Benedryl. :)

On Christmas Eve, Drew woke up and still seemed to be pretty sick. Wade & Clayton drove to East Texas to celebrate with Mamaw, while Drew and I stayed home and rested. Luckily, Wade was much more diligent about photographing their day. :)

Our Family Representatives
Clayton adores his 2 "big boy" second cousins. Colby & Collin are so sweet to play with him! They are both such great kids - I hope that our 3 boys grow up to be just as well mannered and respectful as Colby & Collin!
*Yes, Clayton is still wearing his "ascot"! He is such a silly goose!

Christmas 2010 with the great grandparents was, well, great! Thanks Grandmother, Granddaddy, and Mamaw for being such wonderful examples to us all! We are so grateful for the legacy that you have given us - not just at Christmas, but all year long!

0 comments: