Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gender Reveal...

At my 15 week appointment (on 11/22) Baby Carpenter wasn't shy at all, and we learned that we are having a BOY!!!!
I knew that you would all scroll to the bottom if I didn't announce that information first. ;) So, here's the full story:

I asked Dr. N. at my appointment when I was 11 weeks along if we would be able to determine the gender at my next appointment. He said that it was "possible, but not likely." So... we all (Wade, Clayton, Drew, and I) piled into the sonogram room on 11/22 to see what we could see. :) The doctor started the scan and Wade was holding Clayton up right next to the monitor, so that he could have the optimal view. Clayton leaned in so close that his nose was about to touch the screen and said in a muffled voice, "This is sooo exciting!" I loved seeing his nervous anticipation!

About 2 seconds later, Dr. N. announced, "I think that you're going to have a BROTHER!" Wade and I smiled and cheered, and then the doctor continued the scan. When he was finished and the screen went black, Clayton said, "But wait! You didn't tell us what the baby is!" Apparently, when Dr. N. told him that he was going to have a brother, he thought that he was referring to Drew. He was waiting to hear a definitive "It's a Boy!" or "It's a Girl!" Ha!

I must admit that I was just sure that this baby was a girl. I have always dreamed of having a daughter, so it has taken a month and a second sonogram (I had another one yesterday) to wrap my mind around the fact that there will never be a big pink bow in our family picture. But... I know for certain that God's plans are ALWAYS better than the plans that I come up with on my own. This baby boy will be one of the biggest blessings that He has ever given me! I will just have to start praying now for really great daughter-in-laws and maybe a granddaughter or two. ;)

One of my precious friends, who has the God-given ability to always know exactly what to say, texted me the sweetest words when I sent her a text to tell her the gender. She said, "Congrats! God knows that you and Wade are pros at raising young gentlemen! The world needs more men of character. What an important job!" That was the sweetest thing that anyone has said thus far. I know that raising Godly men in this wicked world is a HUGE responsibility! I feel so blessed that God has given us that challenge 3 fold! I hope and pray that we can raise these little boys to be men who love the Lord and are spiritual leaders of their homes. That is my biggest prayer for all of my baby boys!

I also have to add that I know that having a third son could become a bit repetitive and there may not be the level of excitement that there was with our firstborn or would have been with a girl. But, I have been so pleasantly surprised by our loved ones! We have gotten several cards and congratulatory gifts from friends. Some friends and family members have even given this baby Christmas presents! I have a sweet friend who already insists on feeling my belly every time that she sees me (even though there isn't really any movement to feel!) just because she is so excited. I have several other girlfriends who keep track of my doctors appointments and are always kind to ask about how they went. It has been fun to watch our friends and family be excited even though this is our 3rd baby boy! A baby is exciting no matter how many kids that you have, I guess. :) So, thank you so much to everyone who has shared in our joy and made us feel like this baby is just as special as our first and second babies were!

1 comments:

Ashlee said...

All of your babies are exciting! I agree with your friend who said this world needs more gentlemen. What an amazing mother you are! Congrats on you new baby boy!