Sunday, May 31, 2009

This and That

* This weekend Wade and I went on our first real date night since Drew was born. We were looong overdue. I have no pictures to show for it, but we really enjoyed ourselves. Thank you Doug & Kelli for watching our boys! We really appreciate it!

* On Saturday, Wade took Clayton to the Colonial. One of our sweet friends had extra tickets and offered them to Wade. Wade LOVES golf and Clayton LOVES being with his Daddy, so they were both thrilled! I was really worried about how Clayton would do. I just knew that he would decide to act a total fool when the crowd was hushed waiting for one of the golfers to take his stroke. (Is "take his stroke" proper golf lingo? I have no idea what I'm talking about sometimes...)

Wade said that Clayton did "Awesome.", which shocked his proud Mama. Apparently, he shouted, "Good luck!" to all of the players as they passed by. Two of them even threw him signed golf balls. He was so excited when he told me about their day.

I am so grateful that Wade is such a hands on dad. Not many men would take their 4 year old to a golf tournament. He's so good to us!


Geico had some mini golf booth set up. At the end they took your picture with a big trophy. :)

Tim Herron & James Nitties were the 2 golfers that threw Clayton balls.

* This morning Wade, Drew, and Clayton all wore green to church. I just had to take their picture. The OCD part of me was so pleased that there was 1 solid, 1 stripe, and 1 check. Is it weird that I both noticed that, and that it made me so happy?

* We took Drew to the pool for the first time today! It was a huge undertaking, and I am quite certain that I will not be able to take both of them by myself any time soon. Whew - that was a lot of prep work for 1 1/2 hours of pool time! Floatation devices, sunglasses, goggles, swim diapers, beach towels, sunscreen, regular diapers, extra clothes etc. We were loaded down like pack mules!
Drew loved it, though. He kicked his little feet and people watched the whole time. I am sure that he will be a little fish just like his brother.





* You know that you are the mother of a 4 year old boy when you are minding your own business, making dinner for your family, when a Nerf dart flies past your face and lands in a pot of ravioli. Nice.
Incidentally, I made sauteed zucchini and cheese ravioli, which Clayton declared to be, "the bestest dinner in his whole life!" Perhaps it was the hint of melted plastic and foam... ;)

3 comments:

Matt and Sarah Pitts said...

I LOVE that you took a picture of the pot of ravioli with the nerf dart in it!! That's awesome!!

Sarah

ladygail said...

The boys are getting so big! You'll have to check our our new grandson, Briggs Duncan Bertrand, on blessed b photography's blog. You'll see a few pictures of Briggs and Kennedy on her 2nd post down "perfect session". I'd have to agree! Love you guys.

The Scogin Family said...

LOVE the nerf dart!! :) That makes me laugh! I'm sure my days of that are coming soon...John throws anything he can get his hands on! Glad y'all are doing wel! :)