Thursday, May 07, 2009

An Early Mother's Day

Today has been such a marvelous day! It seems that Mother's Day may have come a little early at our house. :)

* First, I went to Mom to Mom this morning. It was wonderful, as usual. I always leave there recharged and with a new perspective. It's like a little mid-week pick me up.

* Then, I went to visit my favorite brand spankin' new Mommy!!! My dear friend, Halie, had her beautiful baby girl, Cambry, on Tuesday. I have been dying to hold her, and today I got the chance. Oh my gracious, holding that tiny little bundle made my ovaries ache a little. Is it possible to have baby fever when my own baby is only 6 months old?!?!? I just LOVE newborns...

I even got to be the first one to clip her teeny tiny baby nails. What an honor, right? I'm sure that means that Cambry and I will have some special lifelong bond! Ha ha!

Doesn't Halie look amazing?!?! I knew that she would. The girl is perfection personified - never so much as a tiny hair out of place. I'm sure that Cambry will follow in her gorgeous Mama's footsteps. ;)

* I came home to the most wonderful Mother's Day gift from my precious firstborn. He was thrilled to show me the present that he had made at preschool.

They made the most lovely pendant. I adore it!!!


I have already put it on a chain and have worn it all afternoon. I will treasure it always. His little preschool just goes WAY above and beyond.

* I also saw that Sheri had posted some more pictures of my absolutely I-want-to-bite-his-little-arm-he's-so-stinkin'-cute baby. Click HERE to see them. I swear that I could stare dreamily at that sweet little bundle of adorableness all day long...
* To top off a fantastic day, I was saved from a fire by the most handsome firefighter that I have ever seen.

Apparently, his name is Jack the Fireman. He has 2 fire dogs - Spot and Betty. Have I mentioned that Clayton's imagination is in overdrive right now?
He told me, "My phone number is 9-1-1. But, don't call me unless there is a fire. I'll get really mad if you do." HA! That boy is a trip.
This was the best day. Ever. Well, except for the day that I accepted Christ, or graduated from nursing school, or married my sweetheart, or had Clayton, or had Drew. Okay, maybe not the best day ever, but it ranks up there pretty high. :)

3 comments:

Brad and Emily said...

What a great post! That pendant is priceless! The picture of Drew sitting with all the bears....too cute for words! And the fireman conversation....hilarious!

Holly said...

The close up of Drew is my favorite. Clayton cracks me up! I can't wait to see the whole Carpenter Crew tonight! By the way, I really appreciate the proper apostrophe placement in your blog title. There aren't many things that get under my skin quite like improper apostrophe usage. Am I sharing too much too soon? ;)

Leah said...

What a glorious day, indeed! Love the mothers day pendant. What a special gift!