Thursday, May 14, 2009

School's Out for Summer

Today was Clayton's last day of school! I have been so pleased with his little preschool and his sweet teachers. This year was full of big changes for our firstborn - the biggest of which was gaining a sibling. I worried so much about how having Drew was going to affect Clayton. I firmly believe that the consistency of his school, teachers, and friends made the transition so much easier for him. I am grateful every day for his preschool experience this year.

They had a fun pizza party and ice cream sundaes to celebrate the last day. It was great fun for all of the kiddos! The best part of the day, for me at least, was getting his "Me Book." The teachers make each child a little scrapbook of activities, crafts, pictures, etc. from their year. Oh my gracious - the tears I cried over that sweet little book... It had a picture, height, and weight from the beginning of the year and then another from the end of the year. He looks sooo much older now! It was amazing to see the difference that a year makes! They also had an example of his writing from the beginning of the year right next to one from the end. Once again, big changes. They had even saved several of the napkins from his lunch that we had written notes on. I can't believe that they saved them, but it was fun to look back at. I love his book and will definitely treasure it always.

Clayton with Ms. M & Ms. K

Clayton said (as we were walking out the door), "One last group hug everyone!" He's going to miss his buddies!

We went to Sonic for a slush (a VERY special treat) as an after school surprise.

Here are some of the pages from his book.


Please note that Clayton filled in the "My Mommy is great at ______" blank with "laundry." Nice.
Santa came to their school and each child got to tell him what they wanted for Christmas. Cool, right?
I am so excited that summer is officially here! I see lazy pj mornings, LOTS of pool time, bike rides, and playdates in our future. YIPPEE!!! But, I sure am going to miss picking Clayton up from school at 2:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and hearing all about his day... :)

2 comments:

Gran said...

What a memorable treasure! I still remember the book you made in third grade. Those memories are priceless to a mom.

Brent and Abbey said...

OH MY!!! Kleenex, please! I LOVE the group hug picture and the book is just wonderful! A lot of time went into those! The "I love Mommy because she stays home with me" and "Daddy because he works for me" is so perceptive... you have raised a thankful boy!