Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day Week

One of my friends called yesterday to ask if everything was okay. I replied, "Yes. Why?" She said, "You haven't responded to emails or blogged in almost a week! I was worried that something was wrong." Ha!

Nothing is wrong - quite the contrary actually. I haven't touched a computer since Sunday and honestly didn't miss it at all. Don't get me wrong - I love blogging and email. But, sometimes it's nice to just have a little break from technology. That is exactly what we did this week. :)

Wade needed to visit a customer in Kilgore and another in Arkansas this week. He has had to travel quite a bit lately and we have really missed our Daddy. So... this week the boys and I spent some time in East Texas with Wade's parents. We left on Monday morning and came home yesterday. Wade was there for part of the time (when he wasn't working) also. It was nice to spend some time in the Piney Woods and have a few extra sets of hands. 3 adults to 2 children is much easier than 1 adult to 2 children. :)

Here are some pics from the week:

Drew in a flag hat.

Clayton's favorite thing to do at Grammie & Papaw's is to take golf cart rides. Drew got his first golf cart ride this trip and he LOVED it.

Papaw even took Clayton fishing on his boat one evening. I don't know what Clayton liked more - the depth finder or nautical bathrooming habits. He came back to tell me, "Mama, Papaw has a DVD player of all the fish in the ocean. And, I got to go tee-tee off the side of the boat! I didn't even have to flush!" Lovely. And to think that I always imagined myself raising little girls... ;)


Clayton caught a fish with Papaw.

Drew discovered Sydney....

and he loves her! I know that I tease often about how much that I dislike Sydney, but she really is a good dog. She just lays there and lets the boys pet her/pull her ears/yank on her tail/etc.

Drew even got a little taste of our beagle. YUCK-O! It took all that I had not to go into full germophobe mode!!!


Since we got home, Clayton has returned to his multiple costume wearing self. It's only 10am and he's already been "Officer James" and a race car driver. Somethings never change...

2 comments:

The Scogin Family said...

What fun! Glad y'all had such a good time! AND, glad you're learning these "boy" habits first...I'll be calling you when I'm trying to figure it out myself! :)

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

How fun! And i love Miss Sydney. Beagles are so great. Good thing you got to go to Kilgore and visit all my relatives. We actually went though there on our way to South Carolina -- They have a really cute convenient store that sells cute Aggie Gear...who woulda thunk? Thanks so much for coming to the shower! It was fun to see you!!!