Saturday, May 23, 2009

Drew is 7 months old!

Another month with our sweet Drew has come and gone. Where does the time go?

It's been a fun month with our little guy! Drew is changing and developing his little personality more and more each day. He seems so curious these days - his little brow is always furrowed. I wonder what he is thinking so hard about? Clayton used to do the same thing. He would concentrate so hard and wrinkle up his forehead. I would tease that he was going to need Botox for his first birthday! HA!

Some things about Drew at 7 months:

* He wears size 3 diapers and 12 month clothes. (He may even wear a few 18 month things. I am a little in denial about that, though. :) ) He's such a big boy!


* He sit up with his back straight for long periods of time while he plays with his toys.

* He rolls constantly! He rarely stays put these days. He will reach for a toy and topple over. Then he rolls and rolls until he gets stuck or bumps his noggin. I have a feeling that crawling is right around the corner. I'm hoping that he'll hold off for another month or so, though. I'm so not ready for him to be crawling!

* We have stopped swaddling {gasp!}. I know, I know, so sad... Drew had outgrown the Miracle Blanket, and it was just time to stop. So, it was a rough few days, but he learned to sleep without it. Now he sleeps on his tummy with some sort of lovie (he has several and hasn't really picked a favorite yet). He takes 2-3 two hour naps during the day and sleeps for 11 hours at night.

* He still wakes up super happy. Both of my kids are morning people, which is strange since Wade & I are both total+ night owls.

* He LOVES to eat. (Big surprise, right?!?!) He nurses 4-5 times a day, and eats baby food 3 times a day. He eats oatmeal cereal and a fruit for breakfast, a fruit and vegetable for lunch, and a vegetable and mixed cereal at dinner. So far he has tried green beans, peas, squash, sweet potatoes, pears, prunes, and applesauce. He has liked them all (even the green beans and peas!). Most of the time we can't shovel it in fast enough for him. Can you say linebacker? I don't even want to know what my grocery bill is going to be when both of my boys are teenagers. Oh my...

* He is still pretty flexible and used to being on the go. He doesn't seem to mind his carseat and even prefers it sometimes. However, that carrier is getting really heavy. A convertible carseat is in the not so distant future, it seems.

* When Drew is tired, he falls asleep no matter where he is. He has even fallen asleep in his highchair! I get a crick in my neck just looking at him.

* Drew LOVES bath time. He kicks and kicks and splashes in the water. He would stay in the water all day if I let him. I hoping that he enjoys the pool just as much. We'll see!

Sweet Drew,

You are growing and changing before my very eyes! It is such a joy to watch your personality blossom as you learn more things. You are still my sweet snugly baby - quite content to just sit in my lap. But you love playing independently, too. I love that about you! I hope that you will always be a good mix of both. You love your brother and still give him your biggest smiles. I have so enjoyed watching you two interact. I pray that you will grow to be the best of friends. You are such a blessing to our family and we all love you VERY much!

Love,

Mommy

1 comments:

Gran said...

I love you, Sweet Drew. You are growing too fast!

Oh, Clayton...A continuing episode of our saga is posted today. Enjoy...

Gran