Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What a character!

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.

~Albert Einstein

Clayton's imagination is in overdrive these days. He is constantly pretending, "inventing", and dressing up. In fact, most mornings he puts on a costume as soon as he wakes up. We have been woken up by a stormtrooper, a policeman, Captain America, and Superman. The funny thing is that he doesn't even say "Good Morning." He just introduces himself (as whatever character he is pretending to be) in a lower voice. He is something else, y'all...

In my never ending quest to keep my firstborn busy, I suggested that he put on all of his costumes, and I would take his picture in each one. He thought that was a grand idea! It took us 3 days to document all 19 of his costumes. Thank goodness for digital photography, right? ;)

Superman

Captain America

Buzz Lightyear

Woody (His Halloween costume from when he was 2 - hence the capri length pants. Ha!)

Zoo Keeper (Complete with velcro monkey and San Diego Zoo tee shirt)

Baseball Player (Daddy's old softball jersey & socks)

Pirate Costume (He uses his leather church belt as a sheath for his sword. Nice.)

Business Man

Basketball Player

Spiderman

Fireman

Policeman

Peter Pan

Batman

Doctor

Pilot

Racecar Driver

Train Conductor

Stormtrooper

Several people have asked me about where we have gotten all of his costumes. I got most of them at Target last year when they put all of their Halloween costumes on clearance. Some of them are from Hobby Lobby, too. They have a bunch of cute stuff with all of their birthday party favors (and its all super cheap). His fireman costume is one of his cutest ones and it is from Toys R Us.

Oh my, that kiddo is such a character! I hope he never changes - his imagination and creativity make life so fun. :)

7 comments:

Gran said...

What a hoot! I can't wait until he reads favorite books and writes stories of his own.

Anonymous said...

Simply awesome...a few comments:

1) I would have to say that Captain America is my favorite.

2) The Policeman outfit kind of looks like a male stripper costume. Where did you get that one, Harry Hines Blvd?

3) Do all businessman wear dorky glasses? Are you raising your boy to stereotype people?

3) Looks like a Ylda head in the Storm Trooper costume.

Todd & Leah said...

That Clayton is some kind of precious! That is for SURE! His imagination is a bEaUtIfUl thing.

My faves are either the doctor or the cowboy!

It makes me wonder what he is going to grow up to be someday????

Definetly something with a uniform/outfit...pilot, doctor, ball player, astronaut, lawyer, etc!?!?

Melissa said...

Clayton cracks me up!! :) You have a good imagination too coming up with new ideas. He'd be bored with me. ;)
Let's plan a playdate soon!

Holly said...

This post made me laugh out loud. I would say that "Captain Comerica" is my favorite. Is the business man wearing goggles? He's too funny!

Holly said...

I just had an idea for your next Boredom Buster: see how long it takes for him to change in and out of all 19 costumes and then periodically see if he can beat his best time. :)

Chris and Amanda said...

All we can say is we call first dibs on getting those costumes when we have a kid! Very fun!