Thursday, July 23, 2009

Drew is 9 months old!

Another month has come and gone! Our baby boy is now a 9 month old!

The monthly monkey picture is getting harder and harder to take. Can you tell that Drew was about to make his escape? Ha!
* At Drew's 9 month appointment, he weighed 21 lbs. and 14 oz. (50-75%). He was 29.5 inches long ( 75-90%). His head was 18 inches around (50-75%). He is officially too long for his infant carrier car seat. Man, I am going to miss that thing! It made napping on the go so convenient. But alas, all good things must come to an end. I'm sure that he will love his "big boy" car seat, too.

* He still wears size 4 diapers and size 12-18 month clothes. Although, the 12 month outfits are getting pretty tight (especially around his chubby little thighs!).

* He usually takes 2 long naps (around 2 hours) and one short nap in the evening (45 minutes or so). He continues to down the baby food - anything and everything. Dr. M. said that we should start to add meats, yogurt, and mashed up table food to his diet.

* His 2 bottom teeth have broken through in the last couple of days. You can just barely see them peeking through the gums. He has been drooling like crazy and a little on the cranky side, but it hasn't been too bad. I can't wait to see his cute little smile when his teeth are all of the way in!

* He is crawling EVERYWHERE, and, I am here to tell you, that that little booger is stinkin' fast! He has pulled a lamp onto his head, played in dog bowls, and gotten stuck in several nooks and crannies around the house. He will crawl and crawl and then stop and sit up straight and look over at me with the biggest grin. You can just tell that he is so proud of himself. It's really fun to watch him.

* He is giving high fives. He sits and pats our hands as long as we will hold them out. He just grins and grins and kicks his little feet while he does it.

* Drew has discovered how to squeal/shriek. He seems to do it the most when he is really tired. It is really, really loud! It's great fun when Daddy is in his office on a conference call and I'm trying to keep the kids quiet, let me tell you.

* My favorite time of the day with Drew is when I am laying him down for a nap or for bed. I rock him (not to sleep, of course, just to mellow him out a bit before I lay him down). He puts his pacifier in his mouth and lays his sweet little head on my shoulder while we rock and sing. Oh my, there is nothing like it...

* Drew is spitting up like CRAZY! I feel like his reflux is getting worse instead of better. He is growing and gaining weight and seems to still be really happy. So, it is more of an inconvenience than anything worrisome. Dr. M. promised me that it will get better when he can stand up. You better believe that I am going to hold him to it!

* Drew loves him some Patty Cake. That is the easiest way to make him smile right now.

* He is a Cheerio fanatic! He stuffs them in his little bird mouth by the fistful. ;)

* Dr. M.'s nurse called today to say that Drew's red blood cell counts were low. We are going to start giving him an iron supplement and recheck his levels at his 12 month appointment. They were just barely below the normal range, so I'm sure that a little bit of extra iron will bump them back up.

Sweet Baby Boy,

My, how you change every day! You are growing and changing even faster than ever before. We have really enjoyed watching your personality develop and figuring out your ever-changing likes and dislikes. You still adore your brother. Your little face just lights up when he walks into the room. I wish I had a dollar for every time that I've said, "Clayton come in here and make your brother smile." He can always cheer you up when you are cranky. I can't wait to watch you grow into the best of friends. God sure knew what he was doing when he blessed our family with you. You fit in just perfectly. We all love you to pieces and are thankful for our Drew Boo everyday.

I love you,

Mommy

2 comments:

Gran said...

Drew is amazing. I love seeing his "almost teeth in" grin. He is growing up so fast. I'm positive that Clayton is and will teach him the "ropes"! Those two are quite a duo.

Hannah said...

Wow! That's a big boy! He's such a cutie pie! Love that outfit (in his crib) too!