Monday, July 13, 2009

A Heavy Heart

My heart is so heavy today. I am so, so sad for one of my sweet childhood/high school/college/adulthood friends. Back in April, her husband was in an accident and has been in a coma since that time. For the past 3 months, my friend has been so incredibly strong and shown unwavering faith. I have been constantly amazed at her courage and devotion to her husband. I have been blessed just by reading her updates and hearing how the Lord is working in their situation.

Last night and today have been very hard for them. Her husband's heart is failing and he is gravely ill. My heart is broken for my friend, her husband, and their families. I can't stop thinking about them and praying for them. My eyes keep welling up with tears just trying to imagine what they are going through.

I have been sitting and trying to think of how I can help them. They have an awesome, godly family that is a source of strength and support, I'm sure. Everything that I think of that I could do for them just seems so petty and insignificant. What they need right now are prayers and lots of them. So... if you are reading this, please stop what your doing and say a prayer for my friend. Please pray that the Lord will heal her husband's body and allow him to pull through this. If that is not His will, pray for comfort and peace for my friend. I can't imagine what she is going through. I am sad for her in a way that I have never felt before. I know that she would covet your prayers.

7 comments:

Brad and Emily said...

I feel the same way!

Chris and Amanda said...

Us too, its been a rough day.

Anonymous said...

I have thought about your friend so much in the last few months! I have kept checking her blog to see if there was any news. Please know that I have said several prayers for her just since reading this. I will pray for you too as you support her and help her with whatever comes her way. Hugs.
Leigh Ann

Albus Adventures said...

We continue to pray for them and for you as you minister to them!

Gran said...

She has such amazing friends that continue to hold them both up. I will join their list of prayer warriors.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you all. MeMe

Hannah said...

Wow. I cannot even imagine...I will be praying. My heart aches for your friend.