Monday, July 23, 2007

Down the Drain...

You know how sometimes bad things happen and you get that terrible feeling in the pit of your stomach? I got that feeling today. I really think that I physically died for a few minutes. It was the worst feeling ever!

I have never been able to sleep in jewelry. I don't know why, but I just can't. I take off all my jewelry at night and put it on the dresser. This morning I woke up and threw some clothes on just in time to meet my sister-in-law and nieces at the door. I am watching them today so that my sis-in-law can go to an in service. All the kids were playing well and we were having a great morning. We decided to go play outside and go swimming. I got all the kids dressed in their swim gear and went to put my suit on. I realized that I hadn't put on my wedding ring yet. I went to my dresser and there (laying just were I had laid them last night) were my earrings and necklace. But...no wedding ring. I immediately went into panic mode tearing the house apart. I quizzed the kids about where the ring was. Clayton said, "It in da potty." I am sure that I went completely pale and my heart stopped for a few beats. I ran to my toilet. No ring. Clayton followed me in there and said, "It in my potty" very emphatically. My oldest niece piped in with, "I just flushed that potty, but I didn't see it." Oh no...

I tried to call Wade, but there was no answer. I sat in the entry way and began to sob my eyeballs out. All that I could think about was my precious ring that means more to me than any other earthly possession floating somewhere in the sewage. Just then, like in a movie, I saw a glimmer inside my tennis shoe in the entry. It was my ring!!! Whew, that was a close one. I shall NEVER take it off of my finger again. I will spend the rest of the week training myself to sleep in it. :)

7 comments:

Brad and Emily said...

As I read your post, my stomach was churning for you! I was thrilled to read the happy ending!

Albus Adventures said...

Glad you found it!

emily anna said...

I am so glad you found it. I had a knot in my stomach just reading your post!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you found it! I can't even imagine how awful that felt. I was sick for you.

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

So glad you found it. That is a horrible sinking feeling...!

Anonymous said...

OMG... I about freaked out reading that post! I can't imagine how freaked out you were. I'm sure the kids thought you were a crazy :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my sweet Sarah. God protected you. I am so thankful that you found it. I'll call in a minute to check on you.
I love you.
Mom