Sunday, June 12, 2011

Owen's Church Debut

Today was our first time to go to church as a family of 5! We took Owen to church MUCH earlier than we did with Clayton or Drew, but I was dying to get back. We have the privilege of listening to two of the best teachers that I have ever heard each Sunday. Our Pastor and our Bible Study teacher are both just amazing - I have learned so much from them over the last few years! Wade has gone to church with Clayton each week since Owen was born. And as soon as he would walk through the door after church, I would start to grill him. "How was church? What was Lance's lesson about? What did Keith preach on?" I hated to miss out on what he was learning.

So, we decided that today we would take Baby O to church for the first time. Owen slept from 12:30-7:30 (YAY!), so I was well rested and ready to go. I planned to go to Sunday School, go feed Owen, and then go to service. I thought that would work perfectly with our feeding schedule. Unfortunately, Owen wasn't on board with my plan. :( He made it halfway through Sunday School before he started getting worked up. I went to feed him, and then he wasn't calmed down enough to go to service. I was sad that our morning didn't go according to my plan. I told Wade on the way home how bummed I was that I didn't get to hear much of the teaching. I teased that I was going to call Wade's phone next week during class so that he could put it on the podium and I could hear what was being taught. I think it would work! Ha!

Owen sure did look cute for his first time to go to church!



Drew LOVES him some Owen. :)
So does Clayton! There's no shortage of brotherly love at the Carpenter Casa. :)

This sweet little stinker fell asleep on the way home and slept for 2 hours in his carrier. Why couldn't he have done that at church??? I'm hoping that he will be a little happier next week when we try again.
Oh well... such is life with a newborn! It was great to see all of my church buddies and to be back in the church that I love so much. Owen and I are going to have some pep talks this week about worship etiquette. ;)

1 comments:

Holly said...

Owen looks sooooo cute in his Sunday best! I'm so sorry we missed you yesterday! I was looking for you.

Hopefully next week's timing will line up better although I have to say I'm very impressed what you did accomplish - and with pictures, too!