Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bloggy Randomness

I don't feel like I have many big things to blog about these days. We are pretty much just hanging out at home. I'm a homebody by nature, so that has been a-okay with me. :) I don't have any big things to blog about, so I thought that I would just do a random things post.

* I love this picture. I love that little froggy on my little baby's bottom. I love that my biggest boy loves my baby boy so much that his whole face just lights up. Just love it.
* Being at home so much has really brought out Clayton's creativity. He came downstairs the other day and asked me to come up and see his "grocery store." I thought that it was a pretty smart setup.
He demonstrated his conveyor belt thingy for me. He put it at an angle so that he could use gravity to make the "groceries" slide down. He got my grocery bag holder out of the pantry to bag groceries. I asked about the remote control on the table. He said, "That is where people put in their number for their debit card." Ha!

* Have y'all heard of this True Lemon stuff?

It is really good! It has no sugar, no calories, and is 100% natural. I have been drinking a TON of water and this has been a yummy addition to my regular H2O.

* I feel like I need to properly document a BIG milestone in my life as the mother of 3 children. Last Friday (6/23), I made my first solo trip to the grocery store with all 3 monkeys. That's a big deal, y'all!

I had quite a list, so I was pretty worried. It actually went pretty well, though. I had done some strategizing beforehand in my mind and determined that Drew would ride in the car part of the basket, Owen would ride in his stroller, Clayton would push the stroller, and I would push the massive cart. Oh my, we were a sight!
Clayton is wearing an American Airlines pilot's hat that he got in the airport giftshop when he was 4. I used to care about that sort of thing, but now I just go with it. Three boys has really mellowed me out. Ha!

* Wade was out of town last week and so was Leah. I have determined that, for the sake of my sanity, my husband and my best friend are not allowed to be out of town at the same time ever again. ;)

Having my two right hand people gone did make me step out of my comfort zone. I tackled another big mom of 3 hurdle and took all my monkeys to the pool one evening. Drew did great in his puddle jumper. Those things are the best! Why didn't they have those when Clayton was a toddler???
I sat in the shade with my littlest fella and watched the big boys. O slept through our entire adventure. Sweet boy...
* Speaking of swimming, Drew been much more cautious in the water than Clayton was at 2.5. Granted, we have only been swimming a handful of times so far this summer. Every time Drew has been content to splash around in his puddle jumper, but declines our numerous offers to jump off of the side. On Friday night, however, that all changed. Our neighbors invited us over for some swim time. By the end of the evening, Drew was jumping off of the side like a pro! Look at him go...
YouTube Video


* Owen Thomas, one day when you are a big huge 6 foot tall man, I want you to know that there was a time when your entire thigh fit between my thumb and middle finger.
I'm so ready to get some rolls on those legs! It won't be long, I bet.

* Yesterday in the car, I pointed out to Wade that our kid's first initials are OCD. His reply - "I'd say there is some irony in that." Whatever do you think he meant by that??? ;)

* It took me 3 days to compose this post. I swear... Downtime comes and goes in 5 minute intervals around here. This is a busy season of life, for sure, but I a definitely enjoying life with my 3 sons. :)

2 comments:

Rainey Daye said...

I love the True Lemon stuff. Somehow or other I heard of it when they were first coming out with it and got sent samples and coupons. So back in 2007-2008 when I was sitting all day answering phones at work I actually managed to drink a LOT of water with True Lemon mixed in!! I'd kind of forgotten about it though, so now I want to get some more at the store!!

Leah said...

I so enjoyed your "bloggy-randomness". I feel so caught up, after being gone for a week.

Thanks for sharing!

Love the video, that Drew looked so brave. He is gonna be a fish like his big bro in no time at all.