Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Sneak Peek at our Baby Boy...

With each of our boys we have had a 4D sonogram done at around 28-29 weeks. It was one of the biggest highlights of each of my pregnancies. :) We have been waiting with great anticipation to get a sneak peek at our third son, and today was the day! He performed so well and we got some great pictures of his sweet little face. It was so much fun!
He already has full, chubby little cheeks just like his brothers did! He had his hands by his face for the majority of the sonogram, so we didn't get a full picture just of his face, but it was pretty cute to see the position that he prefers to be in. He would open his eyes, grin, stick his tongue out, and practice breathing - and we got to see it all! Now in my mind, I picture him as a real baby, not just a grainy black and white image. Isn't technology grand?!?!

A close up of his eyes, nose, and part of his mouth - his arm is covering the right side of his face.
Here he looks like Clayton to me...
A strong heartbeat - 146 beats per minute.
His little feet and toes - the sonographer commented on how big his feet are already. Surprise, surprise... I told her that we have big babies!
Proof of his chubby little cheeks. I can't wait to kiss all over those sweet cheeks!
He also has his eyes open in this one.
Not the greatest picture, but he was grinning. :)
This picture looks just like Drew to me. We took a vote on who he looks like and we all voted that he resembles Drew (except for Clayton, of course, who is determined that he is going to look just like him!). ;)

A couple of short clips of the little punkin' moving...


I invited my best friend, Leah, to come along with us, and she was so sweet to join in the fun (even though she worked a 12 hour shift last night!). Her ooohhhs, aaahhhs, and laughter made the whole experience that much sweeter. :)
The first picture of the Carpenters - party of F-I-V-E!!!
Can you believe that belly?!?!?
I have no idea where 10 more weeks of a growing baby is going to go!
Proud parents - 3 times over!
Just for fun, here are some 3D pictures of our other 2 boys.

Drew at 28 weeks...

Clayton at 28 weeks. Yes, that is his foot by his face! I should have known then that he was going to be my agile child... ;)


We can't wait to meet you, Sweet Babe! Your brothers are chomping at the bit to hold you and Daddy & I are too! Between the four of us - we may never put you down! You will never know how much you have changed your Mama's heart. You have already made me into a better person, and you aren't even here yet! I can't wait to see what is in store for our future together, with you completing our little family. :)

From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
John 1:16

4 comments:

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Love love love this post! And love love love those little cheekies! I can't wait until they're out and pinchable. You look too cute too, miss preggers! My vote/guess is that No Name Boy looks a little more like Drew! Looking forward to finding out for sure...

Leah said...

Today was a super special day indeed! I loved being a part of bonding with your little sweet boy. May just can't get here quick enough, for me.

I too agree that he looks a whole lot like your Drew! What fun it will be to see his own little "look" and personality when he arrives.

What a true miracle and precious blessing that he is SO perfect and healthy!!!!

Thanks for blessing me in this special time with your darling family!

Gran said...

Baby boy #3 is too amazing. He does resemble Drew physically. Maybe his personality and mannerisms will be more ike Clayton. He will be his own person. I can't wait to be with all 5 Carpenters.

Albus Adventures said...

What a cutie?! Looking forward to cuddling with him!