Monday, February 21, 2011

Fondue Rendezvous - Through the Years :)

I lived with the sweetest group of girls during my last year at A&M. Words could never describe all of the fun that we crammed into those 9 months that we lived together! We get together once a year to have a big fondue dinner, and it is always one of my favorite nights of the year. We laugh and eat, laugh and eat, laugh and eat for 6 hours straight. We always leave with new laugh lines and very full bellies. :)

Every year we try to remember when we had our first fondue dinner, who attended each year, etc. I decided to organize the history of our fondue dinners once and for all. I busted out our photo albums and scanned away today. It was so fun to look back at our history together!

The first fondue was in December of 2000. It was originally a Christmas gift that Katie gave to all of us. She hosted the dinner at her parents' house and did all of the cooking (with the help of her sweet Mama, Linda, who is a fondue pro!). Her lifelong friend, Emily, came too with 2 of her college friends (one of which is now her husband, Jeff). We had a ball and declared that fondue should be a yearly tradition. And so the story began...

Fondue 2000
Top: Me, Cindy, Halie
Bottom: Emily, Traci, Katie
Me, Emily, Jeff, Their Friend, Traci, Halie's date, Halie
Fondue 2001
Halie, Kristen (their roommate at the time), Cindy, Katie, Traci, Me
Fondue 2002
Cindy, Me, Katie, Traci, Halie
L to R: Wade, Me, Cindy, Katie, Traci, Halie, Steve (Steve & Halie are married with 2 kids now - they were dating at the time, though) :)
Laura couldn't be there that year, and she was really sad. We printed her picture out, so that she would be included. Not sure why Traci is holding the heavy whipping cream...
Fondue 2003
L to R: Katie, Laura, Traci, Traci's Date, Wade, Me, Steve, Halie, Katie's roommate at the time (Alissa, right?)

Fondue 2004
Katie, Cindy, Me (pregnant with Clayton), Laura, Traci, and Halie (this was during the few weeks that Halie had dyed her hair dark :) )

Fondue 2005 & 2006 -
Not pictured
I couldn't find pictures of those 2 years anywhere. Does anyone else have them?

Fondue 2007
Me, Katie, Traci, Halie, Cindy
Fondue 2008
This year was pretty much a blur! We hosted at our house and it was New Year's Eve. Drew was 8 weeks old and I was a walking zombie. Ha! Note to self: Postpartum hormones don't make for a very gracious hostess. ;)

Fondue 2009/2010
We had always done fondue during the last week of December. However, as we have all gotten married, we have decided that it is too hectic in December to try to get us all together. We had fondue on January 2, 2010 last year. We hosted at our house, and I enjoyed it much more that year. :) It was our 10th year to celebrate our fondue tradition!
Back Row: Halie, Me, Katie, Traci
Front Row: Halie, Wade, Wes, CJ
Fondue 2011
This year we had fondue on February 19th. The newlyweds, Katie & Wes, hosted at their new home. They have done an amazing job of renovating their house - it is really, really nice! I love their style! I was also very envious of all of their wedding gifts. Everything was so new and fancy! I forgot about that part of newlywed life. Ha! Everything was wonderful and Katie & Wes were very gracious hosts. We really missed Cindy, Laura, and Traci, though! It just isn't the same when part of 2521 is missing!
Halie, Me (pregnant with Baby No Name :) ), and Katie
Whew - I think that catches us up! I feel better now that it is all on the blog for reference. I feel like my 2521 Historian duties are complete. :) I am so thankful for this sweet group of friends and pray that we are still doing our yearly fondue dinner when we are old and gray. Maybe we can just meet up at Simply Fondue when we are all too arthritic to host. ;)

6 comments:

Steven said...

Wow, this is awesome! Good job Sarah!

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Love these girls! Looking at these makes me wish I had been able to make it to more Fondue Rendezvous (how do you make rendezvous plural...?)! So glad y'all had fun this year. You look great, mama! Can't wait to hear Baby With No Name's name!!

Leah said...

What a fun trip down your "memory lane"! I know you are so blessed by all of those fun friendships. I kind a feel like I know them all now too, through your stories and pictures.

I love y'alls tradition of the fondue dinner!

P.S I LOVE your purple shirt in the last pictures. You are so beautiful and stylin'!!! :)

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

I had to come scroll through these pics again now that I had a little more time on my hands. I just love seeing the changes in hairstyles/eyebrows/fashion/baby bumps! So fun!

The Scogin Family said...

OH my gosh...how fun! Great job, Sarah! I guess I've missed more than I could make...hard thing about living so far away! Sad to miss this year too....next year will be a MUST for me!! :)

halie said...

Ahh, so glad you put all those together--such fun memories! Amazing how much we have changed! :) And for the record--believe it or not, that was not my date in the 2000 pic. It must have been Traci's!