Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Six Flags Day

Thank you all so much for the comments, phone calls, texts, etc. about my ankle! Y'all are so sweet! Although it is still a bit tender and I have every-color-under-the-sun bruising, it is so much better. I used my crutches for about 10 seconds before I realized that they were, in and of themselves, another "Lucy moment" waiting to happen. Ha! I wore the boot for a few days, but it was bulky and hot, so I quickly ditched it as well. You know what they say - nurses are the worst patients. So true!

Thankfully, my silly ankle didn't ruin our super fun plans from last weekend. We had an absolute blast with a mini-vacay that we had planned! I will post about it soon, but I am waiting on the pictures to be developed from my underwater camera. Does that cliff hanger have you wondering??? :)

For now, I have to tell you about what we did today.

Every time that we drive past Six Flags, Clayton comments that he would love to go there. (You can see the Superman Tower from the highway, and he is convinced that Superman actually lives at Six Flags.) They were running a special, so we decided to buy the advertised "Big Six Pass." We took him today and he had a ball!

We have been planning on going today for weeks, so I hated to cancel our plans on account of my ankle. Wade insisted on renting me a scooter for the day. I was very resistant at first, but I eventually gave in and realized that it was a necessity.

It came in handy when Clayton's legs got tired, too. :)

Clayton got to meet "the real" Batman...


and Green Lantern...

and saw the Batmobile.

We apparently picked a great day to go. There was cloud cover for most of the day, so it wasn't too hot. It wasn't crowded at all, either. We hardly ever had to wait in line.

We finally found something that scared our little daredevil - The Judge Roy Scream. He looked so terrified and I was feeling like the worst mother in the world when I turned around mid-ride and saw his scared little face. However, as soon as the ride was over, he perked right up and said, "I loved that ride! Can we go again?" What a goofball!

His favorite ride, by far, was The Shock Wave. He rode it 5 times! I remember being little and being petrified of that ride. I think that I was 10 or so before I got up the nerve to ride it. Clayton, however, couldn't get enough.

Can you see he & Wade in the 3rd row?



He also rode the Conquistador multiple times.



The antique cars were more my style. ;)

He & Wade rode the Aquaman ride (formerly called Splash Mountain) as the finale for the day.

They were drenched after standing on the bridge.

It was far too hot for my little Drew Boo to be out there all day. He spent the day at home with Miss Katherine. She is his first non-family member babysitter. They had a great day and Katherine really seemed to enjoy our baby boy. We are thankful to have a new babysitter that we trust. Maybe more date nights will be in our future. Yay!

2 comments:

Gran said...

you all - even Drew - had a great day! I'm glad your ankle is better. I'm thankful you rented the scooter.

Leah said...

Oh, wow what a super fun day! Your Clayton was BeAmInG!!!!!! That looked like a real dream come true for him...meeting the real batman, seeing the bat-mobile, and all!

I cannot believe how brave he was. The shock wave 5 times....Todd won't even do that!

So fun! Thanks for sharing the pics. You guys are a precious family. I am so glad your injury did not keep you from all the fun that was had!

Can't wait to talk to you today...and wish you the happiest b-day ever!